Foxbat

Addicted to new HW
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 25, 2003
Michiana
I've noticed that ever since the switch to XenForo, this site reduces the amount of time I can use my MacBook Pro online. Clicking on the battery icon I see my browser is using significant amounts of energy:
Screen Shot 2018-09-25 at 09.22.52.png

If I switch to Safari to read this site, it will be Safari using significant energy. What's going on? Is Scott crypto-mining in the background while we discover new satellite tricks?

Using the SatelliteGuys Reader app, it is the second biggest energy user on my iPhone. The biggest is Waze.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: charlesrshell
???

I use the email app in my smartphone. It works just like my email in my laptop. I set up SatGuys to give me email notifications when there has been a new post in a watched thread or a new thread. I get new email notifications in my smart phone when I have a new email from SatGuys. I open up the email and view the new post or new thread. Then reply or what ever else I want to do just like as if I was using my laptop. I don't use the SatGuys app at all. In my laptop I use Chrome , Outlook, and Charter ISP. Smartphone is Android. This has worked good for me. Do you think the SatGuys app works better?

DK. Haven’t tried your way.

I find the app easier to navigate, but there is much it won’t show. Many links are unsupported.

DK. Haven’t tried your way.

I find the app easier to navigate, but there is much it won’t show. Many links are unsupported.

OK, I think I will try out the SatGuys app when I get a chance and see how goes it. Using the email method everything works. Hard to say if email method uses more phone battery power than the SatGuys app.

I use the email app in my smartphone. It works just like my email in my laptop. I set up SatGuys to give me email notifications when there has been a new post in a watched thread or a new thread. I get new email notifications in my smart phone when I have a new email from SatGuys. I open up the email and view the new post or new thread. Then reply or what ever else I want to do just like as if I was using my laptop. I don't use the SatGuys app at all. In my laptop I use Chrome , Outlook, and Charter ISP. Smartphone is Android. This has worked good for me. Do you think the SatGuys app works better?
How do you reply to a thread using your email?

So when you click on the link to read a thread it opens a browser, right? So you're actually using a browser app to read and reply, correct?.

The same exact way you do as in an email in a laptop. I click on the Reply button lower right hand corner.
Oh so the Reply button is taking you to the SatGuys website to post a reply in the browser? I thought you meant you were replying directly to the email.

So when you click on the link to read a thread it opens a browser, right? So you're actually using a browser app to read and reply, correct?.
After I click on a SatGuys email I have a button that says View This Thread. After I click on View This Thread it then uses my Chrome browser.

Here is how I use my phone for SatGuys. When I get an email notification in my phone I click on the email app icon and my Inbox opens up. I click on the email from SatGuys and after it opens I click on the button View This Thread. Then I read the post. At the bottom of the post there are four buttons. Tools, Like, Quotes, and Reply. If I click on the Tools button I get a Report choice. If I click on Tools in one of my post I get three choices. Edit, Delete, and Report. I am beginning to think that not many members uses the email method in their phones. I guess most members use the SatGuys app. I wonder which method is the best way! What do you think?

I simply use chrome to access SatGuys on my mac and also on my iPad (which might as well be an iPhone). It is just simpler for me....

I simply use chrome to access SatGuys on my mac and also on my iPad (which might as well be an iPhone). It is just simpler for me....
Thanks Bobby, I remember now bunches of years ago that I did try the SatGuys app and it was confusing to me. And then tried that Tapatalk thing, I think it is called and really got mixed up. So I started using Chrome on my smart phone and liked it much better. It is very close to using Chrome on my laptop.

Reactions: navychop
I don’t understand how anyone uses Tapatalk. I found it difficult, and it mixed posts from different sites. I guess if I’d put a little time in to learn it, I’d see it differently.

Since he's running Android that's exactly what he's doing, accessing Satguys with a browser, not an email app. Clicking on a link in an email simply launches the browser app and the browser does all the work.

How do you reply to a thread using your email?
He's just using the link to the post that he gets in the e-mail to fire up his phone's web browser and then it is all web browser from there on out. Misleading to a large extent unless the e-mail client is also the browser.

He's just using the link to the post that he gets in the e-mail to fire up his phone's web browser and then it is all web browser from there on out. Misleading to a large extent unless the e-mail client is also the browser.

Sorry for all the confusion harshness. I am not too tech savvy. That is exactly how I do it, email fires up Chrome browser in my phone. My email does not use a browser. It is an email app from Samsung. How do you access SatGuys in your phone?

Status
Not open for further replies.