SatelliteGuys Special: Satellite AV GEOSATpro 1.2M $99 + $100 Shipping

Status
Please reply by conversation.
That is one nice looking dish! I like the reflector construction, which allows for unbolting of the dish reflector without removing the mount from the motor.

I lost track of time, and missed out on the window to order these on sale! :( ...

That is one nice looking dish! I like the reflector construction, which allows for unbolting of the dish reflector without removing the mount from the motor.

I lost track of time, and missed out on the window to order these on sale! :( ...

Tron,

Thank you for the compliment! It is a great dish.......

I instructed our sales team to hold 1 or 2 dishes aside for you at the sale price. 1 dish for $99 or 2 for $198 plus shipping of $100 for one or both. Give our sales team a call tomorrow! :D

It pays to bring an apple for the teacher.... LOL!!! ;)

Thanks! I'm going to call and order two with the $100 shipping. This will give me a chance to use my SG-9120A motor and do some mini-BUDding! :D

Any off the shelf KU-band LNBF designed for an offset design dish. These LNBFs are typically spec'd at .6 FD ratio, but this is not an exact design and will not reflect a mismatch.

Maybe of interest...... I have a project with a scalar prototype for the GEOSATpro SL2 and I can squeeze out an additional 8% on problematic transponders on a 90cm.
View attachment 62694 View attachment 62695
Hey Brian, when is the scalar going to be available for sell?

Thanks Brian!

Since we were talking about dish calculations and specs, it may also benefit FTA fans to learn, how a typical dish is manufactured. I c/p this from a known dish maker brochure. Hope, this will further your Promo effort: :)

The Procedure of Dish Manufacture
There are altogether four main steps in the process for the whole satellite dish manufacture.
First is the mechanical machining process. In this process, the raw material for the reflector and its accessories part will be cut, formed with parabolic shape, punched or welded.

A. Cutting Process
1. Within this process, the steel coil is unfolded on an assembly line
2. The rough shape of the satellite dish reflector is then marked by technicians on the reflector mould against the unfolded steel sheet.
3. By using electric shears, technicians cut the rough shape of the reflector from the steel sheet according to the marks carved on the sheet.
4. The cutting machine is used to cut the raw steel pipes or steel belt plate to particular dimensions, which will be used in dish construction.

B. Shaping Process
1. The cut-down rough shaped reflector plate is put into the pressing machine to shape the reflector by a particular mould. The reflector is formed into a parabolic shape. Each time before the technicians put the rough shaped reflector plate into the pressing machine, the surface of the steel plate must be cleaned to avoid dusts forming tiny dents on the formed reflector.
2. The formed reflector is fed into the edge-cutting machine & drilling machine to cut the spare edge of the reflector & drill the reflector holes.
3. A punching machine, bending machine , welding machine, etc. are used to shape the various accessories from the raw materials.

C. PRE-PROCESSING BEFORE POWDER COATING
1. Oil Removal
The oil left on the surface of the work pieces during storage, transportation and processing is removed.
2. Pickling
Any oxide coating like tiny rust stains are removed from the components.
3. Neutralization Treatment
The acid wash residue on the surface of the components (especially the accessories) is removed to avoid any detrimental effect to the surface treatment liquid.
4. Surface Treatment
The main purpose of this procedure is to eliminate the rough surface and to form a uniform crystalline surface which enhances the speed of the phosphorization protective preparation.
5. Phosphorization Protective Preparation
In this process, the surface of the component will be coated with a layer of reactive phosphate which gives components a quality of anti-corrosion resistance.

D. ELECTROSTATIC POLYESTER POWDER COATING
Automatic polyester powder coating line is used for the surface coating. This is out of state automatic powder coating line with multi transportation chain and controls precise coating thickness automatically. The outdoor polyester powder comes from the world famous factories with perfect & reliable performance.
Very informative!

Hey Brian, when is the scalar going to be available for sell?

Not sure if there is a demand or if many KU enthusiasts would interested in a modest 8% BER improvement on the GEOSATpro SL2 LNBF mounted on the GEOSATpro 90cm or 1.2M dishes. :D This prototype scalar out performs all competitor's LNBFs using unique designs (not OEM) without using Marketing BS with false Gain / NR factory specs.... :eek:

We had several members test this model under disclosure and we decided to tweak the design to make the unit more universal on a few competitors dishes without sacrificing any performance. We have redesigned the CAD and a new prototype is being produced. We will see if the changes will result in even higher SQ.

Time for truth ................. :cool:

Attachments

• GEOSATpro KU Scaler.JPG
    GEOSATpro KU Scaler.JPG
    374.7 KB · Views: 237
Not sure if there is a demand or if many KU enthusiasts would interested in a modest 8% BER improvement on the GEOSATpro SL2 LNBF mounted on the GEOSATpro 90cm or 1.2M dishes. :D This prototype scalar out performs all competitor's LNBFs using unique designs (not OEM) without using Marketing BS with false Gain / NR factory specs.... :eek:

Sounds good to me, I'd buy one if the price was right! I have a GeoSatPro 90cm dish. Will it work with other brands of LNBF though?

Will it work with other brands of LNBF though?

Not designed for other brands of LNBFs, but might work if it could be slid on from the rear of the LNBF.

My goal is to to provide even better performance for the GEOSATpro SL2 LNBF! Want the thoroughbred to run an even faster race! ;)

My two GEOSATPro 1.2 meter dishes arrived last week via freight. The packaging was very thorough, and everything arrived in brand-new shape.

Thanks, Brian! I'll be posting a project thread once I start on the MiniBUD...

Tron said:
My two GEOSATPro 1.2 meter dishes arrived last week via freight. The packaging was very thorough, and everything arrived in brand-new shape.

Thanks, Brian! I'll be posting a project thread once I start on the MiniBUD...

Great to hear of the safe arrival! Looking forward to your reports!

Give them a call to see what they can do for you. It is cheaper per dish to buy 2 and have them shipped at the same time. I would think they get a real good price break on the freight charges if they ship 4+ on a pallet. SatelliteAV has a solid reputation here, and the dishes are good quality. If you are in California, you might be able to drop by and pick them up to avoid the freight charges. I am just waiting for a member to volunteer to pick up a load and haul them back to Chicago......

That was an excellent deal. I'd buy one at that price. I Checked the Satellite Av website today and the Dish lists for $140.00 plus $120.00 for shipping. It's the shipping to the East Coast that holds me back from purchasing one. We need someone to invent a Transporter then they could just beam what we ordered right to our house in seconds.

Back in the old days - when I did refrigeration, I would order pick up on larger orders from/by freight consolidators from the factory or distributor, after ordering the equipment, and I would often get air-freight cheaper than what truck would have cost me. They would pick up the packages, take them to the consolidation warehouse, pack it into containers to be airlifted to SeaTac warehouse, break down the containers and when all was at SeaTac call me and I would pick up (cheapest) or they would deliver. It was priced by weight, not particularly by size, but even a 300# compressor was cheaper shipped that way - THEN! Been 20+ years though.
If I was in a hurry, I would not do that, but if I could wait 2 weeks or so, it was worth it.
Are there still consolidators out there??? IDK.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)