Satelliteguys Uplink Report Activity Discussion for the week ending 10/20/07

my man eric at ceo@dish says even he dont know anything (about hd or at&t... i feel more bad for him than us... )

Most Dish employees will know next to nothing about a merger. Both companies will keep negotiations close to the vest. If an announcement is made there's a mandatory quiet period that a VERY small contingent from both compaies will know anything about what's happening.

This silence you're sensing could be the beginning of a long period of quiet till/if they announce a deal.

Last edited:
Just a question.

Why would it be advantageous for Dish to be acquired by AT&T? What would AT&T be expected to do that would be an improvement over what Charlie Ergen is doing?

I am curious. Is there something understood but not stated that I'm missing? I hope you guys (and/or girls) know that if AT&T acquired Dish there is no way Dish and DirecTV could ever combine due to anti-competitive issues.

Regards,
Fitzie

Just a question.

Why would it be advantageous for Dish to be acquired by AT&T? What would AT&T be expected to do that would be an improvement over what Charlie Ergen is doing?

I am curious. Is there something understood but not stated that I'm missing? I hope you guys (and/or girls) know that if AT&T acquired Dish there is no way Dish and DirecTV could ever combine due to anti-competitive issues.

Regards,
Fitzie

The advantage is more on AT&T's side. It will give the a "triple play" to compete with cable.

I hope you guys (and/or girls) know that if AT&T acquired Dish there is no way Dish and DirecTV could ever combine due to anti-competitive issues.

I guess I don't see your point. There's no way they can merge now; the government shot down that idea a long time ago. It wouldn't make any difference.

Yes, thanks for the thought: however, doesn't that raise monopoly issues for the FCC?

Regards,
Fitzie

It might if AT&T were already competing directly with Dish, if there were only a couple of options for consumers, and it the merger were to give AT&T the majority of the business and unfair muscle over it's competition. In this case, none of those are the case.

So, it is Wednesday, mid-day, and no new uplink reports at all? Nothing?
Nada?

What did E* do, go on vacation? Have they been kidnapped by space aliens? Should we open a missing persons report?

How many will Jump ship this week??? I think thats the real question? Sorry guys.. I wish dish would get off there buts and stop seeing merger. Directv is whooping there butt and yet again another week not a thing.. but yet the day is not over yet.

Echostar hiring installers in Tulsa, OK

622 Issues finally getting to me!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)