SatelliteGuys.US DishNetwork Uplink Activity Discussion - Week Ending 01/19/2008

I should have corrected that and said, we see the beginning of the testing, but now it seems to have cooled, they need to be aggressive in their plans as Other companies are, and pulling further away...especially now.

Even our lethargic Comcast office in Indianapolis has added USA HD and Sci Fi HD, in addition to Food, HGTV, and Discovery in the last few weeks (but they still don't have Big Ten).

DirecTV is looking pretty good right now.

to be honest its not about space what people are upset about...Dont giev me the new bird talk when you have two stations parked on a transponder and not ON! Turn those two stations on and people are happy....that gives them either

A. Stations and programming they care about i.e. WWE
B. Signs that you actually care and are doing all you can do not to get smeared and kicked around in this HD war.

Plain and Simple People want actions and not words, we are tired of hearing we dont have this because WE dont think its quality programming, or HD channels are coming soon, its sad but in less then a year E* has started to become the punch line of everyones joke (think I am lying, count how many posts are made a day that simpy have the words soon and a :) )

The same thing for many, many weeks. At least they're consistent!! :D

that they are.......consistently boring. I remember when these Wednesday uplinks were somewhat exciting but that hasn't been the case lately.

The optimistic side of me thinks we will get 1 or 2 new HD channels around the time our bills increase.

The pessimistic side says more HD coming "soon".....soon using E* definition. ;)

CNBC-HD? What the hell does CNBC have that would merit being in HD? (I don't think I've ever watched them in SD, but that's a different story.)

to be honest its not about space what people are upset about...Dont giev me the new bird talk when you have two stations parked on a transponder and not ON! Turn those two stations on and people are happy....that gives them either

We can't be counted as "people" in your example. "People" don't read here so they have no clue anything's been uplinked. If the general "public" knew what was uplinked there would be a lot more pressure. Dish (can we still call them E*?) doesn't have anything to lose right now since the general public is not as technically inclined to read here as we are.

CNBC-HD? What the hell does CNBC have that would merit being in HD? (I don't think I've ever watched them in SD, but that's a different story.)

The broadcasts for the most part are still SD. They use the larger area of HD signals to run more in depth ticker info in the sidebars.

You know, we hear all the time that "Dish monitors these forums." If they actually do, they don't read very closely. They could solve a lot of the PR problems they have if they just COMMUNICATE with their customers. If it's going to be a while before we get these channels, just tell us. Just say: "Hey, we're having contractual issues with these channels." or "We're having to wait until we get the new sats up to put up more HD because of (insert reason here)" And give us a general timetable. I'd be fine with that. Just keep us informed. But, no. They continue with the silent treatment which leads to rumors, speculation, frustration.

You know, we hear all the time that "Dish monitors these forums." If they actually do, they don't read very closely. They could solve a lot of the PR problems they have if they just COMMUNICATE with their customers. If it's going to be a while before we get these channels, just tell us. Just say: "Hey, we're having contractual issues with these channels." or "We're having to wait until we get the new sats up to put up more HD because of (insert reason here)" And give us a general timetable. I'd be fine with that. Just keep us informed. But, no. They continue with the silent treatment which leads to rumors, speculation, frustration.

Digi: can we place rename the two threades to "INACTIVITY Report"?

that they are.......consistently boring. I remember when these Wednesday uplinks were somewhat exciting but that hasn't been the case lately.

The optimistic side of me thinks we will get 1 or 2 new HD channels around the time our bills increase.

The pessimistic side says more HD coming "soon".....soon using E* definition. ;)

The definition from Dictionary.com:

soon /sun/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[soon] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–adverb, -er, -est.
1. within a short period after this or that time, event, etc.: We shall know soon after he calls.
2. before long; in the near future; at an early date: Let's leave soon.
3. promptly or quickly: He came as soon as he could.
4. readily or willingly: I would as soon walk as ride.
5. early in a period of time; before the time specified is much advanced: soon at night; soon in the evening.
6. Obsolete. immediately; at once; forthwith.
7. Slang. Echostar vernacular: Before the heat death of the universe.

The definition from Dictionary.com:

soon /sun/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[soon] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–adverb, -er, -est.
1. within a short period after this or that time, event, etc.: We shall know soon after he calls.
2. before long; in the near future; at an early date: Let's leave soon.
3. promptly or quickly: He came as soon as he could.
4. readily or willingly: I would as soon walk as ride.
5. early in a period of time; before the time specified is much advanced: soon at night; soon in the evening.
6. Obsolete. immediately; at once; forthwith.
7. Slang. Echostar vernacular: Before the heat death of the universe.

I dont care who you are, that's funny right there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts