SatelliteGuys.US DishNetwork Uplink Activity Discussion - Week Ending 01/19/2008

It's too bad RTN doesn't have a deal like ION does for national carriage of their net. For those of us that love older television it would be great.

they are adding numerous agreements with channels to be DT subchannels. And they probably have more coverage than ion ;)

The definition from Dictionary.com:

soon /sun/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[soon] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–adverb, -er, -est.

7. Slang. Echostar vernacular: Before the heat death of the universe.
I can see it now. The heat death of the universe occurs on a Tuesday and as our luck would have it, the uplink center was all geared up for the mother of all uplinks the next day.... :(

Is this a change or has it been like this?

As far as I know they have never sent real video from USA HD or SCI FI HD, while the spaces for the channels are there the only think that have been shown on those channels have been Dish Networks Logo screen with music playing.

Looking at Digiblurs chart it appears that this is still the case.

They have until 9pm ET on Monday to get them turned on or there is going to be lot of unhappy wrestling fns posting here. (More then are posting now)

Come on Eric Sahl, get the del Done!

Why is it always E* that has contract issues? Ex. Yes Network, MLB Extra Innings, Locals, etc.

D* doesnt seem close to having these issues, and for all the talk on how E* is less expensive. Perhaps it is.. but by what, $3-5, depending on your package? E*: raise my bill by five bucks if this is what it takes not to have these issues. It isnt worth it.

E* has contract issues because they do not bendover to programming providers will. E* fights for every penny.

wikipedia to the rescue, ion has 94 stations while RTN has 40.

I don't know if that makes a lot of a difference since in a lot of cases the coverage of these stations is a joke. (i.e. the Las Vegas market technically has an ion affialiate...but it's 60 miles over a mountain range away in Pahrump, NV so it really only serves 45,000 people out of the 2 million that live in the area.)

Why is it always E* that has contract issues? Ex. Yes Network, MLB Extra Innings, Locals, etc.

D* doesnt seem close to having these issues, and for all the talk on how E* is less expensive. Perhaps it is.. but by what, $3-5, depending on your package? E*: raise my bill by five bucks if this is what it takes not to have these issues. It isnt worth it.

Then Call DirecTV

(even Charlie has said that)

What did they said?? I remember hearing soon...soon.....soon....there is no time table available. Is there?
The posters said that Speed-HD will be added in February... if I am remembering correctly, at its launch. (Which should not be surprising, given that Dish has its own race car and mentions that in every Chat.)

I also expect Weather Channel HD to be added at the point that they finish their HD studio and go full-time HD (I'm looking forward to see a reporter getting blown away in a hurrican in full HD !) :eek::cool::D

PS For those who are patient, note that Sky Angel is turned off 3/31, and the new satellite should be at 61.5 very roughly around the same time...

FWIW, RTN probably does have better ratings and fewer infomercials than ION, even if they have less than half the affiliates.

Also, for those looking into "retro" or "classic" TV, keep an eye out for the ".2 Network" (pronounced dot-two network) from Guardian TV (producers of GTN, which is a partial ION affiliate based in Columbus, OH and carried on Sky Angel nationally). Their new network is not part of ION at all, but will instead carry its own library of classic, family friendly programming. They already have a deal with Sony, but I'm not too sure which local station groups they have a deal with, if any.
.2 Network - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia says the new network will launch in February 2008. Presumably, it will be on the air in Columbus at least.

Comcast has USA and Sci-Fi, but not CNBC or Bravo.

Yep, they just announced a bunch of HD additions in 30 days (due to shifting analog channels) for a bunch of long-neglected systems in Pennsylvania. USA and Sci-Fi are among them, Bravo and CNBC are not.

sounds like a great idea.......it would spice up the boredom that is now uplinked.

Start out by making NESN HD "available" for Cosmo..... ;)

Well if he is getting HESN HD....the rest of us better get MSG-HD and YES HD!!!

The only chance of us getting that, might be switching over to D* after the hockey season.

Well if he is getting HESN HD....the rest of us better get MSG-HD and YES HD!!!

The only chance of us getting that, might be switching over to D* after the hockey season.

I'll be in line with you. Dish has made it real clear to me that it could care less about most of New York State. No WNY locals in HD, NO MSG in hd for Down or Upstate. And of course, no Yes Network.

I'll be in line with you. Dish has made it real clear to me that it could care less about most of New York State. No WNY locals in HD, NO MSG in hd for Down or Upstate. And of course, no Yes Network.
not everybody in NY is a Yankee fan...Some subscribe to e* bacause they do not carry YES!!

not everybody in NY is a Yankee fan...Some subscribe to e* bacause they do not carry YES!!

You're telling me that there are people who hate YES to the point they subscribe to a service that doesn't carry it? That makes Zero sense... and if it does to you, you need to sort out what is important to you.

Urgh!! I hate bologna! Hate it.. I shop at Bill's Market because they dont have it!

You're telling me that there are people who hate YES to the point they subscribe to a service that doesn't carry it? That makes Zero sense... and if it does to you, you need to sort out what is important to you.

Urgh!! I hate bologna! Hate it.. I shop at Bill's Market because they dont have it!

Sorry to tell you, but it does make sense for someone who hates YES to subscribe to a service that does not carry YES.

All of the carriage agreements for YES require the provider to pay YES for EVERY subscriber on the system.

So if someone hates YES and does not want any of the monthly subscription fees to goto YES then it makes perfect sense for someone to goto a provider that doesn't carry YES.

BTW: It is YES being greedy and wanting to get money for every subscriber is the reason why Dishnetwork doesn't carry YES.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts