SatelliteGuys.US DishNetwork Uplink Activity Discussion - Week Ending 01/26/2008

I went with the company that claimed to be the HD leader with a commitment to remaining the leader--- sales speach given. ... How dish STILL claims to be the leader is mind-boggling.
I'd be willing to bet that if we leave out subscription sports channels, that the Dish Network customer still has more real HD programs (i.e. not upconverted) available per 24 hour period than the DirecTV customer.

I'd be willing to bet that if we leave out subscription sports channels, that the Dish Network customer still has more real HD programs (i.e. not upconverted) available per 24 hour period than the DirecTV customer.
Let's not go there in this thread. :(

So whats on the superdish? Why do so many people in my area Have one still. Anyone still use the 121 in the lower 48?
Most of the SD105's were installed in this area to get locals. When E10 went up, most of the locals were moved off of 105. The SD's work great for 110/119. We just have no need for the 105 lnb any more.

Most of the SD105's were installed in this area to get locals. When E10 went up, most of the locals were moved off of 105. The SD's work great for 110/119. We just have no need for the 105 lnb any more.
I kind of thought that,Because I've not seen any locals in Eastern Pa on the 105 0r 121 . Was there HD programming at one time on the 105 or 121 ,not locals? Because dish never had HD locals in north east PA. But there are still so many SuperDishes around. I mean alot!

They also work great as Dish1000's too.

I kind of thought that,Because I've not seen any locals in Eastern Pa on the 105 0r 121 . Was there HD programming at one time on the 105 or 121 ,not locals? Because dish never had HD locals in north east PA.

105 and 121 used to be loaded with locals and international before Echostar10 was up.

105 and 121 used to be loaded with locals and international before Echostar10 was up.

I wonder if the old superdishes could be utilized for certain HD lil's? I, too, at one time had my locals on 105 & still have the LNB on my super dish (just added the wing for 61.5 when I went to HD). I suppose that all that would need to be done would be to swap my DP34 to a 44 to accept a 4th sat input?

Rob

I wonder if the old superdishes could be utilized for certain HD lil's? I, too, at one time had my locals on 105 & still have the LNB on my super dish (just added the wing for 61.5 when I went to HD). I suppose that all that would need to be done would be to swap my DP34 to a 44 to accept a 4th sat input?

Rob
Yep. That's all you need to do. The DPP44 will also allow you to use the separators for multiple tuners.

I kind of thought that,Because I've not seen any locals in Eastern Pa on the 105 0r 121 . Was there HD programming at one time on the 105 or 121 ,not locals? Because dish never had HD locals in north east PA. But there are still so many SuperDishes around. I mean alot!

Here's what was removed from 121/105 when Echostar 10 lit up:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-forum/62217-superdish-information.html

Go to the 2006 changes at the link below, scroll down to April 11th 2006. Crazy changes!

2006 Changes to the Dish Channel Chart

So why didn't they keep locals on 105/121 and save the new capacity for national HD.

It only makes sense to remove locals that are CONUS to an efficient spotbeam bird such as Echostar10 and also gain a bunch of DMAs in the process, then add a bunch of HD LiL's too.

Wasn't there also some business with the third LNB on the Superdishes having a high failure rate, or was that another unit I'm thinking of?

I don't remember now what was the reason why DISH didn't use the 121 or 105 sats for Hd after they announced that they would . Does anyone remember now? It seems like a complete waste of two satellites sitting up there that could do HD right now. IF They had kept these two and used them for hd they could have all the capacity that they would need for hd right now.

I don't remember now what was the reason why DISH didn't use the 121 or 105 sats for Hd after they announced that they would . Does anyone remember now? It seems like a complete waste of two satellites sitting up there that could do HD right now. IF They had kept these two and used them for hd they could have all the capacity that they would need for hd right now.
SUPER DISH WAS TOOOOOO BIIIIG

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts