SatelliteGuys.US DishNetwork Uplink Activity Discussion - Week Ending 01/26/2008

I don't remember now what was the reason why DISH didn't use the 121 or 105 sats for Hd after they announced that they would . Does anyone remember now? It seems like a complete waste of two satellites sitting up there that could do HD right now. IF They had kept these two and used them for hd they could have all the capacity that they would need for hd right now.

I seem to remember there being a problem with signal level from 105 along the perimeter of the US.

What is the reason for 121 not being used? IF the internationals are being moved to 118.5 sat anyway wouldn't that free up this sat , which sees the whole country , for hd right?

Not compared to my old 10FT dish.

Digi, can we get a count down timer for next Friday. If were going to see anything new on the National HD front, that would be the day. price increase with added content is easier to swallow.

I hope you are right!!!

Why would Dish add more hd channels and offer the all hd pack for just 30 bucks?

It's actually just about everywhere. We saw the initial test on 61.5 a few weeks ago. We even did two polls on the HD quality on 61.5 and 129 and if I remember right, the majority of the people said they didn't notice a difference.

I have a couple of observations, although I don't know whether they're related.

When the first round of moves to 7 per TP was done, I was watching HD on a 21" monitor and I didn't notice any problems. Now that I have a 46", there are lots of times when I'll be watching one of the Voom channels and the picture will be crystal clear, then all of a sudden it'll get soft for a few seconds almost like each pixel was taking up 2 pixels.

Then, last night I found myself with nothing to watch, so I watched a rerun of Battlestar Galactica on UHD. I saw lots and lots of compression artifacts. The problem here is, I hardly ever watch anything on UHD, so I don't know what it looked like before.

I have a couple of observations, although I don't know whether they're related.

When the first round of moves to 7 per TP was done, I was watching HD on a 21" monitor and I didn't notice any problems. Now that I have a 46", there are lots of times when I'll be watching one of the Voom channels and the picture will be crystal clear, then all of a sudden it'll get soft for a few seconds almost like each pixel was taking up 2 pixels.

Then, last night I found myself with nothing to watch, so I watched a rerun of Battlestar Galactica on UHD. I saw lots and lots of compression artifacts. The problem here is, I hardly ever watch anything on UHD, so I don't know what it looked like before.

I saw no difference in the pq of the channels that are 7 on one transponder. UHD is not your best channel for good pq. It is part of the NBC family and NBC is not known for the very best in hd.

Well, there's the huge number of HD locals they're missing...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)