SatelliteGuys.US DishNetwork Uplink Activity Discussion - Week Ending 05/12/2007

I'm betting the folks at DishNetwork will be looking at the boards to see how the guide data works for everyone.
Last time they rolled these out I don't recall reading about "problems" that supposedly existed with certain receivers. Does anyone else ??

I sure hope it doesn't take 1-2 months or so like it did last time before I got my sub-channel data. Dayton got it on a Tuesday and by Thursday Dish had pulled it back for the majority of markets.

This was something that we talked about with Charlie and he said he would look into it and get it fixed.
Still no rumor or statement on why it got pulled though, was there ?? And how did some markets keep the data all this time ?? If it was a memory-related issue on some receivers, I can't see how some markets didn't have trouble....

The first person I saw on the show floor was Mark Jackson, and the first question I asked him was what happened to the OTA Subchannel Guide data.

He looked at me like I had two heads. He had no clue what I was talking about.

I explained it to him and he said it should be working now. After I explained it was working before then stopped he looked concerned and wrote it in his notebook, and said he would check into it.

Then on Saturday in our meeting with Charlie this issue was discussed in detail with Charlie who also said he would look into it, and then today they are starting to come back.

So for that I say thanks Mark and Charlie. :)

Interesting....
I don't pay attention to the uplink threads too often but in case more changes continue this week, will you edit your original post or keep adding to it ?? I'd ask you to add new posts in case you normally don't. There's a LOT more changes than typical. I've scanned that list 2 or 3 times now making sure Dayton's channels aren't listed and don't see them. It would be easier to scan add'l posts with unique/new information instead.

Something tells me, statements of this sort are of no use to anyone. It is Charlie's company.
Do you really think he's involved, or gets involved, in technical stuff like this ?? He's no doubt a smart guy but being smart also means he hires other smart people to help him do other jobs.

Watch Charlie Chats.... I've seen plenty of call-in questions that he gives a look like he has no idea what they're talking about or he gives incorrect answers to.

No Springfield Mo. subs listed, we had them for about 3 days before, just hope they don't forget us.

Why would they uplink a mirror of FX, unless there is some sort of split programming about to come down the pipe...

Do you really think he's involved, or gets involved, in technical stuff like this ?? He's no doubt a smart guy but being smart also means he hires other smart people to help him do other jobs.

Watch Charlie Chats.... I've seen plenty of call-in questions that he gives a look like he has no idea what they're talking about or he gives incorrect answers to.
But Charlie certainly has the power to tell the techies that this is *their* priority to get this done, where it obviously wasn't before. So a "thanks Charlie" seems appropriate.

Really? What tier exactly is that showing on? I don't see any channel 136, much less programming to identify that it is a 'mirror'. :rolleyes:

Checking the Uplink Activity Report you will find that 136 is not available. Checking the PIDs in the Transponder PMT you would find the PIDs are the same for 136 and 137. This means both channels have the same program source. :)

My vip211 still does not have guide data for the OTA channels.. Just Digital Services. Is that just fore the 622 or what receiver.

My vip211 still does not have guide data for the OTA channels.. Just Digital Services. Is that just fore the 622 or what receiver.

Are your local channels on the list? Only the channels on today's list will show info. They began uplinking the guide for some digital channels but not all of them are there yet.

Just checked here when I got home. Almost all of the subchannels in Charlotte are showing data. WSOC (ABC) the lone exception.

Nothing showing for Shreveport, La yet. I'd click my heels just to get ota epg on the primary channels on a 942. It did work back in November and December 2006. You guys getting subchannel info are really blessed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)