SatelliteGuys.US DishNetwork Uplink Activity Discussion - Week Ending 09/01/2007

Looks like a channel to fight taxes in some state (or states). Wonder which state(s) this time.

Big Ten Network

Could any of these new channels possibly be a place for Big Ten Network if they can get a deal done in the next couple days?

Could any of these new channels possibly be a place for Big Ten Network if they can get a deal done in the next couple days?

What new channels? I see NOTAX. That is not likely to be anything other than STOP THE TAX.

I have not seen it mentioned yet, but Big Ten Network is a bandwidth HOG for DBS. On Saturday, they have at least 3 HD games and an SD game at the same time. There is an empty transponder on 110 west. No one seems to know what that will contain.

Anybody see the FSN HD games at Oklahoma or Colorado or USC show up in your EPG yet? Are we going to come up QUITE SHORT again?

Last edited:

Anybody see the FSN HD game at Oklahoma show up in your EPG yet? Are we going to come up QUITE SHORT again?
I've been asking that question for a week now. OU, Colorado, and USC should all have games in HD on FSN Saturday, but nobody with Dish has reported an EPG entry on the HD channel for any of them.

Nothing yet, good question though. If we don't see anything in the uplink report tomorrow then that's pretty much a no for BTN at launch IMHO.

ABSOLUTLEY "OU, Colorado, and USC should all have games in HD on FSN Saturday"

What is going on at E*

How is it that the FSN-HD channels are added for subscribers months ago but when the time comes for these games, they are not in HD????

Yeah they might not show up until the day of the game and depends if the game will be broadcast in HD. So if the game is broadcast in HD it will be there if not it will just be on the SD Channel only.

Looks like 110w TP17 has physically been cleaned of all video streams. I have this funny feeling we will see something happen with this prime "real estate" tomorrow.

We know the following will be happening tommorow...
Channel Orbital Moves - Effective August 29, 2007
In order to offer a more complete AT100 programming package from the 119° orbital location, we will be moving TV Guide, Daystar, and HRTV from the 110° orbital location to 119°, effective August 29, 2007. In this way, customers in Alaska and Hawaii subscribing to AT100 would be able to receive more channels carried in this package. Additionally, Encore Westerns, Lifetime Movie Network, and G4 will be moving from the 119° orbital location to the 110° orbital location, effective August 29, 2007.

Moving from 110° to 119° - Effective 8/29/07
TV Guide
Daystar
HRTV

Moving from 119° to 110° - Effective 8/29/07
Encore Westerns
Lifetime Movie Network
G4

Big 10

Just called Dish customer service, dude told me no way they get the BTN in time for 9/1/07, and also sounded VERY pessimistic about getting the channel at all this Fall.

When I inquired about what it would cost to break my contract, he gave me the details very directly with no emotion or attempt to dissuade me. I guess they really don't care if people leave over the BTN

We need to just change the site to:

Big10Guys.us

:(

For me, Hell is 500 channels of 350 pound fat guys standing around for 3 hours, and then pushing each other for 5 seconds at a time. Zzzzzzzzz....

Just called Dish customer service, dude told me no way they get the BTN in time for 9/1/07, and also sounded VERY pessimistic about getting the channel at all this Fall.

When I inquired about what it would cost to break my contract, he gave me the details very directly with no emotion or attempt to dissuade me. I guess they really don't care if people leave over the BTN

Not to minimize your want of BTN, the reality is the number of people who would go through the hassle to change providers over this is going to be minutely small in comparison to the amount of subs they have in the BT region. They've probably heard the same thing before with channels not carried so they don't carry much weight.

Truly the only thing you can do to protest them not having the channel is vote with your wallet.

Maybe some of us should leave if Dish agrees to pay Midwest Colleges ten cents for every customer who doesn't live in the Midwest.

It might be different if it was a channel for all colleges in the US...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)