SatelliteGuys.US DishNetwork Uplink Activity Discussion - Week Ending 09/01/2007

I was when I looked awhile ago, it was showing Discovery Theater HD

Attachments

• test.jpg
    test.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 219
  • test2.jpg
    test2.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 226
The new HD PPV channels not time sharing with the RSNs is, um, surprising to say the least. Putting them on 110 even more so.

You'd think prime space like that would be reserved for some of the major networks coming soon to HD like TBS, USA, FX, CNN, and Sci-Fi.

Does it matter that this channel is testing mpeg2 and Dish is trying to put in all mpeg4??/

GeorgeLV; said:
The new HD PPV channels not time sharing with the RSNs is, um, surprising to say the least. Putting them on 110 even more so.

You'd think prime space like that would be reserved for some of the major networks coming soon to HD like TBS, USA, FX, CNN, and Sci-Fi.

When it was orignally suggested that the HD PPV would be time sharing with the RSN's it crossed my mind that they would be taking a big risk charging 4.99 a shot to see stuff that might lose picture on a fairly consistent basis. They are putting the new National channels on an unstable 129 and PPV HD on a stable 110. The handwriting is on the wall. :mad:

I haven't lost signal once on 129. It's just a matter of getting Dish to install the right equipment for you.

And I just read the handwriting on the wall and it says:

" Hardly any of the channels have bothered to do anything to convert their operations to HD, so all this space we reserved from National HD Channels will be used for PPV until they actually get off their arses. "

It would be nice if they could use a few of those HD PPV channels to show the HD games on ESPN Gameplan. I hate it when a game I want to see is in HD on the east coast, but I can only get it in blurry SD on the west coast.

I bought the i max double feature Bears/Alaska in HD and moved it to my external hard drive and it plays fine from there. With the new external drive feature why pay 15-20 dollars for a non HD DVD when you can pay 4.99 for HD and save it forever!
Ron

kstuart; said:
I haven't lost signal once on 129. It's just a matter of getting Dish to install the right equipment for you.

And I just read the handwriting on the wall and it says:

" Hardly any of the channels have bothered to do anything to convert their operations to HD, so all this space we reserved from National HD Channels will be used for PPV until they actually get off their arses. "

I'm happy for you that you have had no dropouts. I've had plenty with a 24 inch dish dedicated to 129 installed by dish.

As far as moving PPV off 110 to free up space when it's needed. Why would they do that? They already have paying subs in packages. PPV is gravy.

The farther north on the West coast the more vulnerable we are to the signal drops. It's a real issue for us here. But realistically it's probably not worth it to Dish to advance a solution to an area where their market share probably is minimal. Both Verizon and Qwest bundle DTV with services and they are the major Telco's in Oregon and Washington.

Last edited:
Golly-Jee-Wizz already...does anyone update that site? FYI, Virginia can be added to the list of states whose citizens are being bend-over and given a monthly "what fer" since the enacting of a satellite TV tax (cleverly added to a communications bill) that went into effect July 1, 2006. I sent the technical contact, stopsatellitetax@gmail.com, email at least three times last year and the site is STILL not up-to-date.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)