SatelliteGuys.US DishNetwork Uplink Activity Discussion - Week Ending 09/01/2007

I attached a screen shot of the movies that will be playing when the HD PPV channels launch. The EEPG already has data for the channels. Next Wednesday at 6AM it appears they start rolling. Doesn't look like anything more than what they've been rotating on the signal PPV channel for now. Wed through Fri its basically the same movies just looping.

Attachments

• HDPPV-EPG.JPG
    HDPPV-EPG.JPG
    262.4 KB · Views: 245
HMMMMM... does this mean those two transponders now free will have room for more HD channels?

I really don't want to see DirecTV with twice as many HD nationals

I am not sure if this is the right thread for this but hear it goes. Alot of channels that Direct are testing do not even exist. I saw VH1,MTV,MHD does but not the other two. Bravo is in the works but has not launched yet. Family ABC and probably ten others. I do wish it were true ut how can they test for these when they are not there?

HMMMMM... does this mean those two transponders now free will have room for more HD channels?

I really don't want to see DirecTV with twice as many HD nationals

I dont thing Direct TV will have twice as many and anything Direct adds everyone else could add as well. Overall Dish has nothing to worry about.

I am not sure if this is the right thread for this but hear it goes. Alot of channels that Direct are testing do not even exist. I saw VH1,MTV,MHD does but not the other two. Bravo is in the works but has not launched yet. Family ABC and probably ten others. I do wish it were true ut how can they test for these when they are not there?
Placeholders for when they do launch. But I'm hoping for a surprise launch too, something that hasn't been announced yet.

I agree with Poke, by the time Directv launches all those HD channels they will be up to par or slightly ahead with Dish Network. Some of those channels are not even available yet. I'm sure Dish Network will try to get them when they become available.

But you can't tell the Directv people that, they think you're just bashing them if you do.

If/when these channels are added it will be a good thing for both D* and E*. If D* does happen to have more HD channels than E* at some point it will only help to motivate E* to catch up.

I think both companies will stay even in the HD race, Dish will always claim the lead as they have the VOOM channels, but to me the majority of VOOM is filler material.

There is only so many times I can watch the (great) concerts on RAVE, or the same monster movies on Monsters HD. I consider the VOOM channels demo channels now more then anything else. The only one useful is HDNews.

There is no reason to bash either company, neither are perfect, but as we are seeing both are working to get better. If thats true then its better TV for us all not matter who your satellite company is. :)

Yeah looking at the channels Direct plans on adding Dish already has them. Directs plans on adding 70 channels which some of the channels they are including are the RSN's HD channels so really it depends on what channels you are counting. So when its all said and done Direct is adding channels that Dish has had for awhile. This way Direct can catch up with Dish but overall like Scott said after Direct adds these news channels they will have about the same amount.

I think both companies will stay even in the HD race, Dish will always claim the lead as they have the VOOM channels, but to me the majority of VOOM is filler material.

There is only so many times I can watch the (great) concerts on RAVE, or the same monster movies on Monsters HD. I consider the VOOM channels demo channels now more then anything else. The only one useful is HDNews.

There is no reason to bash either company, neither are perfect, but as we are seeing both are working to get better. If thats true then its better TV for us all not matter who your satellite company is. :)

Agreed 100%. :up

The only Voom channel I watch is Equator HD.

Yeah either way we all half to wait on the Networks to get their HD Version of their channels up and running. Glad to see more of the National Networks get on the HD Train the more the better. :)

Looks like D* is starting to add channels.

DirecTV's new MPEG4 channel show up in guide (in engineering mode) - Engadget HD

Even though some will not be in HD 90% of the pubic will think they are watching HD.

Sad to see NESN on this list :(

Interesting list... I think I counted about 40 that I'd probably glance at. I'm not a sports buff, I get more than enough sports fill by the local coverage, ESPN, FTA, etc. Someone could send me a receiver activated with all the RSN's in the US and I'd probably never find the urge or time to turn the box on.

It's going to be interesting to see how this all plays out within in the next year. I just don't see the HD channels and content being there yet, we are going to see a lot of upconverting on these channels. I'm hanging on to my wallet until next year before I make my decision of going HD with D* or E*.

Yeah either way we all half to wait on the Networks to get their HD Version of their channels up and running. Glad to see more of the National Networks get on the HD Train the more the better. :)

You do that on purpose so I don't speed read your posts, eh? :D I half to do a double take.

I for one would be perfectly content if voom consolidated thier content into about six or seven channels and went from there...

I know I sound like a broken record here, but when it comes to Voom, I need to defend GalleryHD and TreasureHD as truly unique HD offerings because with the exception of a few specials on HDnet, I've not seen anything comparable out there. An HD channel dedicated to art and collectibles to he is the ideal subjectmatter presented in thru the ideal medium.

Well, outside of the occasional kungfu feature, :D I would have to say that is what keeps me tied to Voom more than just about anything else.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts