SatelliteGuys.US DishNetwork Uplink Activity Discussion - Week Ending 09/08/2007

and then these customers can be told "your new dish reciever will support an HD TV", so when they buy the new TV they will be good to go... you could even charge a bit for that, so the customer knows it wont be obsolete when that time comes.

Plus is likely doesn't have the processing power to decode 1080i and 720p resolutions fast enough to show them in real time.

wow, 2 days from my HD Dvr Upgrade date and theres a new hd channel added...And i got 6 months free HD with my upgrade, i wonder how many new channels will be added within those 6 months..

I didn't see anything in the uplink reports for my local WRGT digital channels (14xxx range) changing but I've lost the guide data for WRGT-DT and their MyTV sub-channel.

Anyone know the e-mail address at Dish who can look into and correct this ??

Long story short, I noticed the same problem with WRGT but it was a few days ago and only on my 222.

Short story long, I had tweaked my Cincinnati antenna and connected it to the 222 but left my Dayton antenna connected to the 622. At that point I noticed I was able to pick up 43 (WKOI)'s digital channels on the 222. It had no guide data for them, nor for 45 (WRGT). A few days later (with daily reboots on both receivers) it still didn't have info for either set of channels on the 222. I checked the 622 and noticed it had WRGT info, so I wondered about the slim chance that, on the 222, 43's lack of info was causing anything above 43 to have a lack of info. I know that sounds stupid, but sometimes you just never know with these receivers...

Anyway, I'll check the 622 when I get home this evening and see if I lost WRGT's info. Do you know around when you lost the info?

I want to say I lost it right around the time I rec'd L4.43 (I can find close to the date).

WKOI will probably never had guide data (I do pick up all of their sub-channels) because Dish doesn't carry them.

I do have guide data for WRGT's analog channel, 45-00. It's 45-01 (WRGT-DT) and 45-02 (MyTV) that I lost data for.

You have a 622 also, right ?? Just checked and it still reads "Digital Service" for 45-1 and 45-2 here.... Certainly no need for a reboot or guide update as it's done that on it's own every night since last Thursday or so. A check switch a few days ago didn't help either.

Is anyone else in other markets not getting guide data for an OTA digital channel or sub-channel for channels that they previously did ?? Some people in the Dayton area still get the data for (2) channels while others have lost the data. It started around the time I got L4.43 but I don't think that this s/w update has any affect on program guide data (the channels all rec'd the guide data w/o a s/w update a couple of months ago).

I've again tried a few steps to correct this. This evening I deleted all of the digital OTA channels, did a power plug reboot and after it was back up and running, did a check switch (and program guide download). Still no change.

mlb: What software version do you have ?

I checked just now, and my 622 with L443 still has guide info for all digital subchannels it can receive (2, 7, 16, 22, 26, 45).

My 222 with L301 still has guide info for 2, 7, 16, 22, and 26, but no info for 45 (and of course no info for 43.x, the additional stations it can receive that the 622 cannot).