SatelliteGuys.US DishNetwork Uplink Activity Discussion - Week Ending 09/22/2007

I don't think Dish made the best choice in putting GEMTV on channgel 226 when that channel used to be QVC.

Some people who watch QVC or want to watch QVC and don't know it moved channels to (137) might think that QVC changed to GEMTV.

I don't watch QVC so I don't care :)

I think its hillarious that the reaction to a MIRROR of a shopping channel (it's on 225 now and moving to 226) would garner this reaction. :) I also like how everyone is looking for Dish's reaction to DirecTV's 70 HD channels that haven't been turned on yet (they are expected today, but they haven't been turned on) and when Dish already carries most if not all the channels DirecTV will be sticking to to Dish with. :)

Marketing is a wonderful thing. Truth is irrelevant when you have a good ad campaign.

See ya
Tony

Marketing is a wonderful thing. Truth is irrelevant when you have a good ad campaign.

See ya
Tony

and it get's easier everyday. Truth is what it is but even consensus can be created and manipulated and more and more people won't bother to know the difference.

You know I went and looked and D* 70 channel lineup... In my world... I could not count the 70 channels they have listed as HD...

For me to count a channel HD... that channel should broadcast less then 25% up converted content. <end of story>

"Marketing is a wonderful thing. Truth is irrelevant when you have a good ad campaign" TNGTony hit the nail on the head...

One night I was flipping through channels one by one because I was bored. When I got to the Shopping Channels, at least 7 of them were selling gems or jewelry all at the same time. Does Charlie think there is THAT much of a market out there for this junk??

Someones buying them, and they are on the air because they pay their bills.

If no one was watching / buying from these channels they would be gone like Elvis. :)

I'm sorry that the D* subs haven't got any new HD channels so far today but, to add insult to injury, I would find it ironic if E* added one new channel today. It would be like throwing salt into an open wound.

I doubt that. The EKB is down too. That rarely happens. It seems like a server issue.

---hey... it just came back.

DBSTalk is back with the following message "Looking into some issues. Be back when we can."

See ya
Tony

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)