SatelliteGuys.US DishNetwork Uplink Activity Discussion - Week Ending 10/06/2007

Has anybody checked the bitrate on TBS HD? It looked really nice last night or it might just be my new 722 that got installed last night. :)

At 61.5W we see six H.264 HD channels sharing 40 Mbps, TBS HD reach peak 8.15 Mbps this time:

Attachments

• 61.5tp22.JPG
    61.5tp22.JPG
    38 KB · Views: 128
  • 61.5tp22b.JPG
    61.5tp22b.JPG
    81 KB · Views: 131
BTW, all H.264 HD channels suffer from pixel reduction from 1920x1080 ( OAR 19:6) to 1440x1080 (AR 4:3); not sure how good they encoder/receivers handle the 'anamorphic' transformations to/from.

I got home Friday night and found TBS HD waiting on me. This is great. The playoff games look excellent. Maybe it's just because I have a small TV (26") but the SD content didn't look bad either. It looked a lot better than TBS SD.

This is not the same as re pointing the hd channel to the sd channel when there's no HD is it?

that's what I'm hoping for make's things easier that you only need to check 1 channel

This is not the same as re pointing the hd channel to the sd channel when there's no HD is it?

that's what I'm hoping for make's things easier that you only need to check 1 channel

I agree. Mapping down wouldn't be as usefull with the HD RSN's only showing games.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)