SatelliteGuys.US DishNetwork Uplink Activity Discussion - Week Ending 10/06/2007

I wonder what the hold up on TBS HD is? If they can offer it temporarily on a PPV but not giving it a permanent channel slot? I wonder if there is a planned big announcement from Dish to add a group (like 10 new HD) and they are holding back until the announcement.

Yes, very interesting that the haven't placed on a 9xxx channel too. Also, why take down an HD PPV channel?? There is plenty of space to add an additional channel.

The only thing I can think of is they were in a hurry and they didn't want to go through the usual week of testing.

Yes, very interesting that the haven't placed on a 9xxx channel too. Also, why take down an HD PPV channel?? There is plenty of space to add an additional channel.

The only thing I can think of is they were in a hurry and they didn't want to go through the usual week of testing.

Equipment ready and tested. They did it. :)

In the other Forums, TBS-HD is a subject of derision due to the amound of stretched-SD content.
E* might want to provide the playoffs to Dish Network customers, but not bother to use up an HD slot for the channel after the playoffs are over...

In the other Forums, TBS-HD is a subject of derision due to the amound of stretched-SD content.
E* might want to provide the playoffs to Dish Network customers, but not bother to use up an HD slot for the channel after the playoffs are over...
I hope that's the case.

LER, during that type of change I don't have the flag printing out. It is on the list with the mapdown channel numbers too.

LER, during that type of change I don't have the flag printing out. It is on the list with the mapdown channel numbers too.

Digi. Can you tell us if this channel will be at this spot for good(same spot of ppv hd) or will it be moved on Wenesday when it is a permanent channel? Are we going to get that great ppv hd channel back?:D

Digi. Can you tell us if this channel will be at this spot for good(same spot of ppv hd) or will it be moved on Wenesday when it is a permanent channel? Are we going to get that great ppv hd channel back?:D

C'mon now... I bet you know what I'm going to say to these questions.