SatelliteGuys.US DishNetwork Uplink Activity Discussion - Week Ending 11/24/2007

Given that it is Thanksgiving week, I would speculate very light traffic in here. Week of Dec 2nd probably more interesting if indeed they take off the internationals....

Time to begin yet another week of Dish Network dissappointment. :mad:

I was just about to post:

Can we please stop with the stupid whining this time ?

but I was 5 minutes too late...

There is a strike, so there is no new programming SD or HD before EchoStar launches its two new satellites.

Given that it is Thanksgiving week, I would speculate very light traffic in here. Week of Dec 2nd probably more interesting if indeed they take off the internationals....

Yep, I agree. I expect very little changes on the report this week. Look at the changes last year at this time on DishChannelChart and you'll see what I mean.

I was just about to post:

Can we please stop with the stupid whining this time ?

but I was 5 minutes too late...

There is a strike, so there is no new programming SD or HD before EchoStar launches its two new satellites.

I don't believe I was whining, just making a statement. Why don't you grow up and stop calling people stupid!

Last edited:
Oh and by the way what does the strike have to do with most of the programming on now? I can see live TV but most shows/series were produced quite some time ago. The strike may effect future programming if it continues but is not a reason to wait to add HD channels!

What does that have to do with whether Echostar launches new HD Channels or not? :confused:

Yeah has nothing to do with it! Remember folks have the right to be stupid but either way I think we could see some more HD before end of the year. Overall not to worried about Dish folks like making mountains out of mole hills.

I think a some people are waiting for the CES when Dish might make an annoucement for some more hd. I do understand why they are probably going to light up more locals. I sure hope they will save some space for some national hd.:)

Just so you know Digi, I like the new format of getting the early post up so we can all subscribe and wait for e-mails. :)

Just so you know Digi, I like the new format of getting the early post up so we can all subscribe and wait for e-mails. :)

In all actuality I think it makes people visit more since we start talking about the uplink predictions now and others want to chime in. ;)

Why not just put up the actual report thread (for people to subscribe to) and wait until there is something to discuss before starting the discussion thread?

Why not just put up the actual report thread (for people to subscribe to) and wait until there is something to discuss before starting the discussion thread?

There already is. Read the first post of this thread.

And there's always something to discuss ;)

what happened..

to last weeks thread and discussion? Especially about the possible "drawing" board items that pertained to 61.5 and the possible changes.
Thanks, Gerry

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts