SatelliteGuys.US DishNetwork Uplink Activity Report - Week Ending 03/24/2007

Really? Man, that dudes response to me wasn't elitist at all. It was a nice, friendly response to someone who is new to these forums.

Nothing brings out the community feel like reponding to a new posters question by being a [...snip...] instead of helping them out.

While I know this has already been edited, lets try to keep the discussion civil and without profanities, ok? Unfortunately there is a fine line between good honest disagreement and flaming.

At least FSN-FL is on there, and SunSports was on the first batch of FSN uplinks. Come on Charlie and get these things turned on.

Where is MASN??? Come on Charlie get a deal done before the 1st

Here is MASN (maybe). From Tony's Echostar Channel chart at ekb.dbstalk.com (empahsis added):

3/16/07
  • TEMP 9 was added to channel 421 on tp 21 at 119°. This channel is not available to subscribers. This channel's EPG info is showing MASN (Mid-Atlantic Sports Net) program info. (ANON) I have also received reports that as of this moment, there is no video or audio carrier on this channel. For all those that might get all excited about MASN "coming to Dish", keep in mind that unless and until there is an official press release or the channel is actually launched, nothing is certain. Remember that Dish uplinked YES network TWICE and it is still not available. (Anon/Anon/Anon)

Okay, since no one else is going to do it, here is the explanatory piece to paste into every week's thread:

"The Uplink Activity Report is a list of changes this week in what is being broadcast from EchoStar satellites. Note that many channels being broadcast are not available to any subscribers, but instead are being tested and adjusted in the hope of a future agreement between Dish Network and the channel in question. Those channels not available to any subscriber are marked "NA" and those that are available are marked "A".

Most of the changes listed are relatively minor "housekeeping" changes, such as moving a channel from one transponder to another in order to better balance transponder bandwidth. The changes are logged by a computer connected to regular home satellite dishes pointed at the EchoStar satellites. The information is purely for the purpose of satellite hobbyist discussion, and should not be taken as indicating any actual business activities of EchoStar corporations."

How's that ?

Okay, since no one else is going to do it, here is the explanatory piece to paste into every week's thread:

"The Uplink Activity Report is a list of changes this week in what is being broadcast from EchoStar satellites. Note that many channels being broadcast are not available to any subscribers, but instead are being tested and adjusted in the hope of a future agreement between Dish Network and the channel in question. Those channels not available to any subscriber are marked "NA" and those that are available are marked "A".

Most of the changes listed are relatively minor "housekeeping" changes, such as moving a channel from one transponder to another in order to better balance transponder bandwidth. The changes are logged by a computer connected to regular home satellite dishes pointed at the EchoStar satellites. The information is purely for the purpose of satellite hobbyist discussion, and should not be taken as indicating any actual business activities of EchoStar corporations."

How's that ?

Sounds good so far. I'd like to shorten it up a bit but then also add something to effect of channel appearing in the uplink report does not necessarily mean the channel will ever be released to customers. Once a few of us put our heads together I'll include it in the uplink program so Scott or myself do not have to copy and paste this text.

Another decision to be made is the program is designed for DishNetwork and BellExpressVU transponder changes along with the occasional D* 101/110/119 report. I'm also doing some digging on StarChoice's tables too. So whatever we write needs to cover all companies in general.

One big correction, the info posting in each new thread should not constitute a channel's data per se .
The names/numbers are pure letters/digits from updated System Info tables (NIT, SDT, etc).
Just metadata. If not stated otherwise.

I'll say it again guys/gals, just because something is uplinked it doesn't mean we are getting it. Nor does the name they named the channel mean that is the channel. I'm still surprised they do name the channels correctly most of the time. BellExpressVU has learned not to name their channels the correct name before they release them due to this. I'm waiting for DishNetwork to follow in their footsteps to prevent everyone from throwing their arms up in the air over the uplink reports. We will soon see something like this:

361 - CHAN1 added to EchoStar5 129W TP 08 ConUS beam (Not Available)
364 - CHAN2 added to EchoStar5 129W TP 08 ConUS beam (Not Available)
368 - CHAN3 added to EchoStar5 129W TP 08 ConUS beam (Not Available)
373 - CHAN4 added to EchoStar3 61.5W TP 30 ConUS beam (Not Available)
387 - NHLHD EchoStar3 61.5W TP 30 ConUS beam changed to CHAN5 - EchoStar5 129W TP 08 ConUS beam (NA)
388 - NHLHD renamed to CHAN6 (NA)

Won't those be great uplink reports? ;)
Don't give 'em any ideas now, digiblur... :D

digiblur, did you realize in last updates tpn18 from Alaska beam used for provide signal to Hawaii; I'm wondering if it is FCC rules violation or we missed new grant from FCC to E* do that ?

digiblur, did you realize in last updates tpn18 from Alaska beam used for provide signal to Hawaii; I'm wondering if it is FCC rules violation or we missed new grant from FCC to E* do that ?

I didn't see that Alaska beam update.

Sorry, that was false alarm - I was overwhelmed by the amount of SB data last days ( didn't touch this charts since last year ). So, I misatributed TID#2148 tp#18, it goes to AZ via SB18.

Anyway where is your E*X SB table ? I'd like to compare it with mine.

Sorry, that was false alarm - I was overwhelmed by the amount of SB data last days ( didn't touch this charts since last year ). So, I misatributed TID#2148 tp#18, it goes to AZ via SB18.

Anyway where is your E*X SB table ? I'd like to compare it with mine.

I'll put it up on a FTP server and PM you the address. If you see any changes or additions that need to be made, let me know.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)