SatelliteGuys.US DishNetwork Uplink Activity Report - Week Ending 03/24/2007

Someone on the AVSforum was loudly complaining about the fact that UNIHD was changed to 1440X180I. So it's been noticed.
If any HD channel were changed to 180i (that's less than half the resolution of SD), I wouldn't go to a board; I'd call my state's attorney general. Perhaps you meant 1080i?

According to ekb.dbstalk.com, A&E HD (27) and Universal HD (19) are all by themselves in a transponder on 129. Why is that? Since they're using MPEG4 now, why can't they put them together or move them? Seems like a waste of bandwith to me.

http://ekb.dbstalk.com/129list.htm

Actually no they aren't..

9427 - UNIHD - EchoStar5 129W TP 27 ConUS beam
9419 - A&E - EchoStar5 129W TP 27 ConUS beam
5890 - MP271 - EchoStar5 129W TP 27 ConUS beam

Where do you want to put these channels? There's other TP's with idle bandwidth too. No need to hurry and consolidate right now.

I would assume it will go the other way. A few of the VOOM's will be added to this MPEG4 encoder once they test this step of the MPEG4.

"9427 - UNIHD - EchoStar5 129W TP 27 ConUS beam
9419 - A&E - EchoStar5 129W TP 27 ConUS beam"

That's what I would've done, consolidate them but since they already are consolidated nothing needs to be done......The page was wrong and that's why I said "According to".

digiblur,

Did you missing "For ViP Only" changed to "H.264" on couple HD channels ?

Our banned member pointed to that:
"UNIHD , 9427, A4, 122,22, 61.5W
That appears to say MPEG4 - which is a change from A6

so why has no one else said anything?"

Thanks for the update, P Smith! I've updated the uplink tool to "watch" for this flag as it changes.

I'll clean up the output later to a human readable format but at least it will catch them now.

SatelliteGuys.US DishNetwork Uplink Activity Report - Week Ending 03/24/2007 - 4 changes

Uplink Comparison Range: 03/21/2007 02:58A - 03/23/2007 05:54P - (GMT-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada)

9419 - A&E - EchoStar5 129W TP 27 ConUS beam changed from (0XA6) to (0XA4)
9419 - A&E - EchoStar3 61.5W TP 22 ConUS beam changed from (0XA6) to (0XA4)
9427 - UNIHD - EchoStar5 129W TP 27 ConUS beam changed from (0XA6) to (0XA4)
9427 - UNIHD - EchoStar3 61.5W TP 22 ConUS beam changed from (0XA6) to (0XA4)

Channels in the system: 3234
(A) = Available to subscribers
(NA) = Not Available

LOL... I sent an entire CSV list of 101/110/119 of DirecTV to Lyngsat...has it been updated. Nope...

Oh well, at least you tried. Why don't we start something on our own here? I know it's a lot of work but once the initial work is done, it can be updated easily. I know you have them on PDF but it could be done on a HTML page and we can have here on the site. I'm willing to help.

"UHD and A&EHD are now in true Mpeg4 from Dishnetwork!" Great more compressed channels!!!
They have been for months, and the MEG4 channels look a lot better then they did when they were MPEG2. (And they are using less bandwidth) :)

MPEG4 is a GOOD thing (if the MPEG4 encoders are working correctly which they are (most of the time) for Dish Network) :D

MPEG-4 is a standard used primarily to compress audio and visual (AV) digital data. Introduced in late 1998, it is the designation for a group of audio and video coding standards and related technology agreed upon by the ISO/IEC Moving Picture Experts Group (MPEG) under the formal standard ISO/IEC 14496. The uses for the MPEG-4 standard are web (streaming media) and CD distribution, conversation (videophone), and broadcast television, all of which benefit from compressing the AV stream.

MPEG-4 absorbs many of the features of MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 and other related standards, adding new features such as (extended) VRML support for 3D rendering, object-oriented composite files (including audio, video and VRML objects), support for externally-specified Digital Rights Management and various types of interactivity. AAC (Advanced Audio Codec) was standardized as an adjunct to MPEG-2 (as Part 7) before MPEG-4 was issued.

MPEG-4 is still a developing standard and is divided into a number of developing parts. Unfortunately the companies promoting MPEG-4 compatibility do not clearly state which "part" level compatabilty. The key parts to be aware of are MPEG-4 part 2 (MPEG-4 SP/ASP) and MPEG-4 part 10 (MPEG-4 AVC/H.264).

Most of the features included in MPEG-4 are left to individual developers to decide whether to implement them. This means that there are probably no complete implementations of the entire MPEG-4 set of standards. To deal with this, the standard includes the concept of "profiles" and "levels", allowing a specific set of capabilities to be defined in a manner appropriate for a subset of applications.

Your welcome.

MPEG-4 is a standard used primarily to compress audio and visual (AV) digital data. Introduced in late 1998, it is the designation for a group of audio and video coding standards and related technology agreed upon by the ISO/IEC Moving Picture Experts Group (MPEG) under the formal standard ISO/IEC 14496. The uses for the MPEG-4 standard are web (streaming media) and CD distribution, conversation (videophone), and broadcast television, all of which benefit from compressing the AV stream.

MPEG-4 absorbs many of the features of MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 and other related standards, adding new features such as (extended) VRML support for 3D rendering, object-oriented composite files (including audio, video and VRML objects), support for externally-specified Digital Rights Management and various types of interactivity. AAC (Advanced Audio Codec) was standardized as an adjunct to MPEG-2 (as Part 7) before MPEG-4 was issued.

MPEG-4 is still a developing standard and is divided into a number of developing parts. Unfortunately the companies promoting MPEG-4 compatibility do not clearly state which "part" level compatabilty. The key parts to be aware of are MPEG-4 part 2 (MPEG-4 SP/ASP) and MPEG-4 part 10 (MPEG-4 AVC/H.264).

Most of the features included in MPEG-4 are left to individual developers to decide whether to implement them. This means that there are probably no complete implementations of the entire MPEG-4 set of standards. To deal with this, the standard includes the concept of "profiles" and "levels", allowing a specific set of capabilities to be defined in a manner appropriate for a subset of applications.

Your welcome.

Holy copyright infringement Batman.

Your welcome.

Nope, guess he doesn't know. :eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts