Satelliteguys.us web page code

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronald_Jeremy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 2, 2005
Rock Ridge!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am wondering if there is a bug in the code on certain pages here. If I leave here and go to certain sites, IE crashes. But it only does it when I leave HERE.

Ex... If I leave here and go to fark.com, the page load takes forever if it loads at all. Usually is just sits there without changing pages then crashes. Same if I go to AVSForum.com or break.com Other sites load OK.

The only way to get to those site from here is to go to a different site like google first. And I can move freely between the other sites ie. go from AVSForum to Fark, etc.

Anybody else having that problem or check if they do?

I was running IE 6.0 and just updated to 7.0 and that didn't alleviate the problem.

It happens to me at home so it has to be a local setting or cache. If I'm on Satguys.us and I want to go to SFgate.com or Espn.com, it just sits there and IE crashes. If I try to go to the same sites from Yahoo.com or any other website it works fine. Try clearing your cookies and cache and see if that helps.

First time I have heard of this so I don't have an answer.

However I must ask why you would ever want to leave SatelliteGuys and go someplace else.

you know I've never said anything but satelliteguys has crashed ie several times just trying to read the forum in the past

Must be something that does not effect me ... hmmm...

What browser?
What OS?
What ISP are you through?

(all mine are using IE7 on XP pro / XP home / Vista SP1 thru Qwest DSL at the office and home ... )

Ted...

I don't use IE, so I can't test this.... But have you noticed a common page or pages that always seem to cause the crash ? If you are at the home page and leave, does it happen ? What if you're at the main forum page (SatelliteGuys.US - Powered by vBulletin) instead ? What about if you're inside a sub-forum or further, reading a thread ?

I use IE7 on XP64 all day long from Work with not an issue.

Do you have ALL the patches applied to IE.

Since you are a pub member, it's not the syndicated ads.

If you can give us specific URL's that have issues, we can investigate it.

LER

I'm a pub member too so it's not the ads. I don't see this problem at work but it does happen at home. I really haven't looked into fixing it since I just go to Yahoo (homepage) and go to the two other sites from there. I'll look at it when I get home.

Edit: I just tried it at home and it happens when you're at main forum page SatelliteGuys.US - Powered by vBulletin and then try to go to San Francisco Bay Area — News, Sports, Business, Entertainment, Classifieds: SFGate. The browser just sits there and doesn't go to the website. I also tried Espn.com and it works now but there's a delay of 30-45 seconds and then it goes to the site. I haven't seen it happened on another sites.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)