Satellites Needed For The New Mpeg4 Hd Channels

Rajumon

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 4, 2003
Sothern Calif
With the new price drop of 211 and 622 receivers, I am thinking about owning one of these receivers. I have currently only old HDPACK subscription using 811. I have the regular dish 500 and another one at 61.5 for VOOM channnels. Among the new HD channels I want to make sure I get are ESPN2-HD (ch 9425) and WORLDSPORT-HD ( ch 9477). What I am not clear is what are the satellites needed to get all of these HD channels. I do not plan on leasing or making any new commitments to Dish or buying a new Dish 1000 (for 129). Also I do not need local HD channels through Dish because my TV can receive HD OTA. I could not find the required satellite info at Dish web site. Can someone please tell me which satellites are needed for ESPN2-HD and WORLDSPORT-HD ?

Thank you very much.

You will have no problem. The two dishes you have is all you need. I have the same two and get all the HD currently being broadcast. 129 is just a mirror for most of the west coast I have read. I have been dissappointed in ESPN2-HD as it seems to have less HD than ESPN HD. I have been told that will probably change by fall.

Go for it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)