Satellites Needed For The New Mpeg4 Hd Channels

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Rajumon

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 4, 2003
Sothern Calif
With the new price drop of 211 and 622 receivers, I am thinking about owning one of these receivers. I have currently only old HDPACK subscription using 811. I have the regular dish 500 and another one at 61.5 for VOOM channnels. Among the new HD channels I want to make sure I get are ESPN2-HD (ch 9425) and WORLDSPORT-HD ( ch 9477). What I am not clear is what are the satellites needed to get all of these HD channels. I do not plan on leasing or making any new commitments to Dish or buying a new Dish 1000 (for 129). Also I do not need local HD channels through Dish because my TV can receive HD OTA. I could not find the required satellite info at Dish web site. Can someone please tell me which satellites are needed for ESPN2-HD and WORLDSPORT-HD ?

Thank you very much.

You will have no problem. The two dishes you have is all you need. I have the same two and get all the HD currently being broadcast. 129 is just a mirror for most of the west coast I have read. I have been dissappointed in ESPN2-HD as it seems to have less HD than ESPN HD. I have been told that will probably change by fall.

Go for it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)