Satellites

Status
Please reply by conversation.

abdulmokri1

Original poster
Jan 30, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Hi Guys,

I really need your help. I have a Viewsat Ultra and I don't have all the satellites stored in it.

I want Intelsat 14 (45W) but it's not stored in my Viewsat. My motor run between 97W and 30W (Hispasat) with no problem.

Any ideas please?

Hi Guys,

I really need your help. I have a Viewsat Ultra and I don't have all the satellites stored in it.

I want Intelsat 14 (45W) but it's not stored in my Viewsat. My motor run between 97W and 30W (Hispasat) with no problem.

Any ideas please?

Abdulmokri1, this should be in your Satellite Manual but in case you don't have one: I have an older Viewsat Xtreme but your setup for the Ultra should be very similar:
On your Remote: Press Menu, Press - Highlighted Installation, Scroll over to Channel Scan and Press OK,
Arrow down to Edit Tp, then arrow right till ADD SATELLITE is Highlighted. Press the F1 Key to add in new TP' s frequencies, Polarity, etc. After you scan in the Tp's you can then Rename the new Satellite which likely will have the name "User-SAT-No" to the correct name ie Intelsat I4 / 45.0W. You will need to know the Tp's and other info for the Sat you want to add in. Go to "The List" on these pages, or Mike Kohl's Global Satellite Listings, or Lyngsat listings, to get Satellite Info. Unlike the Azbox Receiver I am now using, the Ultra will NOT scan in new Tp's, so you will have to manually scan every Sat Tp. Good luck.

Last edited:
Are you using the factory firmware??? Which version?? Also, there is a U00D Sats and TPs updated file dated 3/20/2009.

Thank you jsattv and carlospr43 for your inputs.

Can you please tell em where to find U00D Sats and TPs (3/20/2009) coz I have an older one.

Again thank you veryyyyy much for your help

Viewsat was sued out of business abdul , if you follow those instructions to Add a Satellite, it will be in your list. And the Viewsat Ultra Will add new transponders if you aim at the satellite, it has hardware blindscan. Not the most sensitive blind-scanner around but I had one for a couple of years and it found 95% of the signals up there. You can add, delete or rename satellites using the menu, that will build a sat-file for you, if you can't find one anyplace else. Once the list is built you can save it to usb pendrive , store it on your computer, etc for use later.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts