satguy voom forum problem

shelly

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 19, 2003
It may be my computer or web browser, but everytime I press the Back button to return to the General Voom Forum main page after reading a thread, I am always taken back to the top of the page.

This is just as bad as pressing the Voom remote buttons to access any of the guides. We always go to the top of the list with channel 100.

I have read other posts wishing that the Voom guide would start at the currently viewed channel. Why can't the return to this forum's main page also go back to where I just clicked for a thread? Why allways to the top? Other forums I use (avscience, yahoo voom, e.g.) do just that.

Other than this, I love this forum and it is my current homepage. When my browser starts up, it starts here.

Shelly

Second that...

Yeah!!! and what about your SD graphics on this Forum? What about getting some HD graphics going here...lol...

try clearing your cache. :) I turned on page caching to apeaze another forums admin and it did not work well (which is why I wasn't using it to begin with) :)

Once you clear your cache exit all of your browser windows and come back in, and you should be all set (hopefully) ;)

I am guessing this started happening on Saturday. :)

shelly said:
It may be my computer or web browser, but everytime I press the Back button to return to the General Voom Forum main page after reading a thread, I am always taken back to the top of the page.

This is just as bad as pressing the Voom remote buttons to access any of the guides. We always go to the top of the list with channel 100.

I have read other posts wishing that the Voom guide would start at the currently viewed channel. Why can't the return to this forum's main page also go back to where I just clicked for a thread? Why allways to the top? Other forums I use (avscience, yahoo voom, e.g.) do just that.

Other than this, I love this forum and it is my current homepage. When my browser starts up, it starts here.

Shelly

I do not know but Scott or one of the Administrator will look at it. I will send them the information.

This sounds like a browser issue. Whenever I hit the back button, I am sent to the exact spot where I had scrolled.

I am using IE6 v6.0.2900.2096.

Scott, It's always been like this for me here, not just since Saturday. I'm using IE 5.1.3. My cache in I.E. Preferences says it's empty.

I'm getting new Imac at end of this week so I will see if this problem clears up for me.

But if it is browser related, why do I return to middle of page rather than start over at top again on avscience, yahoo voom, xmfan, and many other sites I visit regularly?

But still worth the extra few clicks effort to stay on top of Voom info here.

Shelly

shelly said:
Scott, It's always been like this for me here, not just since Saturday. I'm using IE 5.1.3. My cache in I.E. Preferences says it's empty.

Could it be vs 5 issue?? If you have a high speed internet connection, you might want to upgrade to 6.0 or since you say your getting a new system just wait till then.

Bill

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts