Satguys blackberry group expanding to yahoo messenger

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are trying out a few different messenger platforms to see what works best.

Anyone have any suggestions?

We have tried yahoo, works decent, but had trouble with people getting booted and not being able to reinvite.

Google talk, as far as we can tell, has no group chat option.

Windows live messenger seems to work the best so far. A few of us are testing it out today.

Any other options available that work well?

Google Talk does have a group chat option.

How do I get in, I have WM on my phone.
did you sign up for an account? if not you'll need to do that 1st and get an email address for live.net or whatever you choose at setup. then you can pm us your address or post it here. you will also have ours

did you sign up for an account? if not you'll need to do that 1st and get an email address for live.net or whatever you choose at setup. then you can pm us your address or post it here. you will also have ours

Already have one.

The Blackberry messenger is better than WM, but since two people left :rant:we have to use it. If anyone wants my WM name PM me.

Google Talk does have a group chat option.

Not if you are using it from a blackberry. Or if it was I couldnt find it. Can anyone double check this on the berry? WOuld love to use this since it works great on the Hero.

April - you just got an Android phone. What app are you using to participate in this chat system?

We are using Hi MSN, it is not that good though. I am looking for an alternative, since you cant reply to the group as a while with this app.

Not if you are using it from a blackberry. Or if it was I couldnt find it. Can anyone double check this on the berry? WOuld love to use this since it works great on the Hero.

Here you go.

Features

* Enjoy virtual real-time chat from almost anywhere on your BlackBerry smartphone
* Snap pictures using the built-in camera and share them with your Google Talk contacts
* Update your availability status so your contacts know what you’re up to
* Change or update your profile picture directly from your BlackBerry smartphone
* Set up audio alerts to let you know when new messages have arrived
* Chat with multiple contacts or participate in multiple conversations at the same time
* Personalize Google Talk with a buddy picture or an image of a favorite icon2

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/devices/features/im/google_talk.jsp

Well one of our group with a berry needs to load it up and add me so we can try it again.

msmith198025 on google

I guess i'll do it, Rey will F it up if he does.:D

Lol, ok, do it and add me. Apparently, you have to start a single convo then invite others. I could have sworn me and rey tried that, but he DELETED IT SO DARN QUICK, now I am not sure! lol

It says on the net though that it is doable.

Lol, ok, do it and add me. Apparently, you have to start a single convo then invite others. I could have sworn me and rey tried that, but he DELETED IT SO DARN QUICK, now I am not sure! lol

It says on the net though that it is doable.

You gonna rent games?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)