Sathawk and Birdog and DPP Twin LNB

drjake

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 3, 2003
Anybody have any luck getting a DPP Twin to work with a Sathawk or Birdog Meter? It seems that the Dishpro Plus Twin does not provide a sufficient load to prevent the meters' overload protection from kicking in. This is not an insufficient voltage problem that is discussed in the Tech Bulletin but rather an insufficient resistence problem.

According to Dish, take the line off the rcvr into port one and read the meter with port 2.

In actuality, I carried a dual around, peaked the dish, then swapped it with a DPPTwin.

bcshields said:
According to Dish, take the line off the rcvr into port one and read the meter with port 2.

In actuality, I carried a dual around, peaked the dish, then swapped it with a DPPTwin.

This is not the problem with the Sathawk meters. The DISH suggestion solves the insufficient current problem. The Sathawk problem is that the DPP Twin causes the meter's overload protection to kick in due to a lack of resistance.

bcshields said:

Can you use a Bidog on a Dish Pro PLUS twin on Port 1 at all? Or must it always be Port 2 with nothing else attached? I see nothing in the manual about this so...

Thanks.

The idea of peaking with a dual is the simplest answer really. In fact, the dual tends to be more accurate and I get much better results that with the DPP twin. As much as 10 units better at the signal strength screen.
I don't use a birddog or sathawk but I have found the above to be true with both Aspen Eagle/Channel Master bricks and the Digisat 1.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)