sathawk help

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jself1982

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 15, 2006
South Carolina
Just purchased, received my sathawk from Sadoun. Fine. Im very smart with receivers but this one is aggrivating me to death and back!

I bought the receiver primarily for, and only for, the radio channels on AMC 8, preferrably the AAC radio channels. I got the receiver all set up, scanned AMC 8, worked great for 15 or so minutes, then receiver hung up. After doing a hard reboot, the receiver only displays "On" on the digital screen on the receiver itself and the TV is a black screen reporting NO SIGNAL on the HDMI input.

I uplugged the receiver for a day or two, reconnected it back, and bam it worked for another 15 minutes and is now doing the same thing again.

Also, the receiver will not let me upgrade firmware via RS232 or USB.

Help! What do I do, if I could just see the dang menu on my TV screen that would help but all I get is a black screen. I have tried every button on the remote plus every input on the TV, etc.

Is there anyway to force a reset from the front panel like other receivers?

I am clueless, and the lack of info on this box has me more than frustrated!

Thanks, Josh

From experience with other receivers, I'd open up the box and see if something, a cable perhaps had come loose in shipping, and had a bad connection. If nothing you do seems to work, then contact Sadoun for a replacement. I know the AZbox'es had a lot of loose connector problems on their units, that were solved by opening the stb and looking. With some luck, that's all it is.
:)

I had this exact same problem with the sathawk back a few months ago, I sent it back to Sadoun. For me if i disconnected the ribon cable that connects to the front pannel the receiver will turn on, hdmi works, and the channel you last had on will work. Problem is that you need the front panel buttons / remote. I did figure out a way to then reconnect the ribon cable, but try that first.

Nothing seems to work. It just hangs up on the "ON" boot display on the LED. I have to unplug and leave unplugged for 3-4 hours, then it will boot for a mere 4 minutes and then hang up again.

Sadoun is on backorder or has discontinued the product, I got conflicting stories. I hate shopping with Sadoun! This is the 2nd time I have had issues with products of there's but I don't have other options to purchase this receiver!

Is there anyway to force a memory upgrade? I even tried the null modem cable but I keep getting the STB memory detection error.

Whatever the outcome, you can bet one thing.... I WON'T BE SHOPPING SADOUN AGAIN!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)