Sathawk PVR800 DVB-S2??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

joshrr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 19, 2010
Michigan's Upper Peninsula
I bought a Sathawk PVR800. Advertised at sadoun as dvb-s2. Says on faceplate DVB-s2. No dvb-s2 settings in the menu system though. Blind scan picks up no DVB-S2 feeds on Cband or Ku. If I nail in a DVB-s2 transponder and hit search it never comes up with anything (Tried on AMC21, etc..). I have a DMX741 LNBF (C/ku combo). When I try to scan in a DVB-S2 TP I check my sig level on normal DVB transponders and its 75 quality so I know I have a good lock. Its zeroed right in. HD-DVB channels come in fine. Anyone have a trick to getting DVB-s2 on these things? Going to borrow a friends Pansat 9200HD with a dvb-s2 card to test that.

The no switch and motor combo is killing me too (cant use motor and 22khz or diseq switch at the same time).

From what I have read I don't think that the Sathawk displays if a transponder is DVB-S or DVB-S2.

DVB-S2 requires precise dish alignment. You mentioned using a C/ku combo LNB and "no switch and motor combo", what size dish are you using?

Sathawk does do DVB-S2, just does not need any special setup.
The DVB-S2 TP on AMC21 has been very week, and as Qwert said, Dish Size and Alignment to matter greatly.
Try Blind Scanning 91 west, C Band. There are a few DVB-S2 TPs there.

Amc-3 has a couple stronger s-2 transponders that carry RTV network. Line up on that bird as best as you can and do a scan on the C-band side horizontal. Have a great day!

Thanks for the replies.

On lyngsat I dont see and C-band DVB-s2 transponders listed at 91W. I'll give that a try. I will also try AMC3. I have a 6ft C-band dish. I get 75 quality on C-band for every satellite on the arc. That should be well enough to get dvb-s2 right? On AMC21 I get 70% quality on the HD PBS feeds that are just DVB.

On my parents setup (which I installed) on a 90cm offset Ku dish with motor they get 88% quality on all DVB transponders on AMC21 and 72% on the DVB-S2 transponders. I live waaay up north on the upper peninsula of Michigan. You'd think my 6footer would do equal or better than their 90cm.

Also I heard that blind scanning DVB-S2 doesnt work on these Sathawks (supposed to but doesnt). I've been mostly entering in the transponder info and then scanning that transponder manually.

Thanks

Oh, and here is another kicker. NEVER had this issue before on any STB. With this sathawk, I cannot get ANY signal from the Montana PBS transponder on AMC21. Nothing shows up not even on a blind scan. All other DVB transponders show up just not M-PBS. Shows up fine on my Sonicview and Pansat 9200HD.

hmm weird, I have this STB and it gets those PBS stations fine...never specifically looked for s2 but it played a game the other night fine that was supposedly s2...I'm only using it on Ku

the Sathawk blind scans DVB-S2 fine and actually worked better at locking S2 TP's than my azbox

Sathawk would lock LPBS on 125W at a 40 and play it properly. The azbox had stuttering issues

Thanks for the input. Im bringing by sathawk to work tomorrow to test it on one of our 10ft dishes. Meanwhile, I will put the pansat 9200HD back onto my home BUD and see how much better it does. Last time I tested it on my BUD it was pulling dvbs2 fine.

Josh, On my Sathawk I need a 36" dsih to get all the PBS on 125W. The 30" misses a few of them. Try scanning just the Tp for Montana PBS. I've got it scanned in mine but even when I tune to the channel it sits there about 10 seconds before it pops in. The motor switch issue is a pain in the butt I agree. Even with a 8 foot dish I can't get the RTV stuff on AMC3. Pretty much all the other regular stuff I get ok....Blind

Thanks for the feedback. Yeah, I went and tested with my pansat 9200HD and had even worse reception on AMC21. I jerked with the focal depth of my dmx741 and got it better but its hard to adjust because its held in by screws and does not slide easy (hard to tighten the screws back up and have it lined up right). Im sure its the Focal Depth. C-band works beautifully though which is odd. I was able to get 10% signal after jerking with the depth hap hazzardly.

Thanks for the input. Its definitely my setup.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)