Satlink ws-6908...aiming a satellite

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mtwannabe

Original poster
May 22, 2014
USA--Montana
I've seen numerous posts about this meter but nothing really ever about using it. I've searched youtube and almost everything is in russian or some other language (not english). Does anyone have a how-to for a newbie with this meter?

thanks!

As you have already discovered there is no support for this meter that I know of in North America. You can add North American satellites through the usb port (PM me if you need them). To use the meter do the following for 1st time set up and manual entry of satellites and transponders;
Tun on meter go to menu > System Set Up - enter your time zone, longitude and latitude then hit exit.
Back to main menu> Satellite Install (you do not need Satellite Manager if you are using the meter at the LNB)
TP Manager> Push F1 if you need to add a new satellite then enter the required info. Then exit.
Scroll down from the satellite entry field to the transponder field and hit enter to add/edit transponder info
That should do it for basic entry.

TO USE;
From the main menu go to Quick Search > enter
Push the OK button when the Satellite field is highlighted to change satellites.
Scroll to LNB Type and LNB freq to enter the info pertinent to your set up. If you use an LNB that does both KU and C band you can enter universal as LNB type and enter 5150 as LNB low Freq and 10750 as LNB high freq.
Scroll down and you can edit freq and symbol rate otherwise it will display what was entered in the TP manager previously entered.
Continue scrolling down past Symbol rate to the next page to confirm each of the fields. DiSEqC can be off if your are using the meter at the LNB.

Connect the meter to the antenna.
Under Quick Search scroll to the satellite and scroll to a known active strong transponder. Then scroll to the frequency, Push the OK button. The meter will go to the signal/Quality strength display for which you will adjust the dish for highest Q or lowest BER-highest S/N.
Try it a few times you will quickly get the hang of it. Once the meter is set up it will save all the info and the process is quicker. Hope this helps.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts