Status
Please reply by conversation.

Magic Static

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 12, 2010
Montana
I have an old Satlook Spectrum Analyzer from Sweden. It no longer runs on the internal battery(good battery). External power only. I opened it up and found a bad power mosfet was the problem. My problem is, I'm not that smart at identifying electrical components and finding suitable replacements. It has a "Fairchild" SFR9024 Mosfet. So far I've been unable to locate this part under any brand name where I don't have to buy hundreds of them. But there are so many variables in picking a replacement mosfet, I'm not sure I can select an appropriate replacement. So if any of you electrical gurus can pin point me a replacement component I would be very grateful.

Its obsolete. Looks like FQD11P06 is a good match with lower resistance and higher current rating. Available from Digikey. Good luck!

I had a Satlook back when it was state of the art. Some features still are best out there (the graphic display for the transponders). Blew out the tuner display after a few years and they sent me a new one for no charge.

But wow, it was one heavy mother to haul around

Couple years ago, the battery pooped out and I had to haul a extension cable when I needed it.

Had to make a decision so I bought a Super Buddy and gave the Satlook to the local votech. A great teaching aid since it displayed all the transponders power levels on one graphic display. Really nice way to see band stacking etc. I kinda miss it.

Sent using SatelliteGuys Android App

Wow, this thing is cooked. There is a divot burned into the circuit board where the mosfet mounting pad was. This may take a couple of Band-Aids on top of everything else :frown:

Thanks guys! It was just the ticket. Were up and running :)
Satlookrepair 013.JPG

I had a Satlook back when it was state of the art. Some features still are best out there (the graphic display for the transponders). Blew out the tuner display after a few years and they sent me a new one for no charge.

But wow, it was one heavy mother to haul around

Couple years ago, the battery pooped out and I had to haul a extension cable when I needed it.

Had to make a decision so I bought a Super Buddy and gave the Satlook to the local votech. A great teaching aid since it displayed all the transponders power levels on one graphic display. Really nice way to see band stacking etc. I kinda miss it.

Sent using SatelliteGuys Android App
I use one like that, I just need the CRT MINE IS BROKE AND THE ONE I BOUGHT NOW IS MISSING

So if anyone has one that don't work i will buy it for the CRT IF THE End of it is not cracked are a black spot on the face which means it's been dropped

I use one like that, I just need the CRT MINE IS BROKE AND THE ONE I BOUGHT NOW IS MISSING

So if anyone has one that don't work i will buy it for the CRT IF THE End of it is not cracked are a black spot on the face which means it's been dropped
I contacted them on their web site, told them what part i needed and they sold it to me and shipped from factory (and never billed me).

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts