Satmex 5

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Here in New Mexico, I can get this bird very well on most of the stations execpt for TELEUISA TIJUANA Freqs, 12086 GHz 1.954 MBs H.

Sometime, it's hit or miss on TELEUISA TIJUANA station I am wondering this might be a spot beam?

I'm in your area and it comes in fine whenever I try to tune it iwth my 7.5' or 10' dish. What size dish are you using and I'll see if I can get it on my 90cm or 120cm dishes since I assume your dish is probably around that size.

big things I can think of for that signal are alignment of the dish, size of the dish for the spot one is in the footprint, and how well a receiver will do with that low of SR - some of my receivers/tuners are fine to 1500, others are deaf below the spec'ced 2000 SR low limit.

Hello Skysurfer,

My is 90 CM dish, and my receiver can sometime lock in low bit rates bandwith stations.

But the weird thing about it, on AMC-5 KTFL-LP locks in fine at 1.666 MBs at 90 % signal strenth.:)

My is 90 CM dish, and my receiver can sometime lock in low bit rates bandwith stations.

But the weird thing about it, on AMC-5 KTFL-LP locks in fine at 1.666 MBs at 90 % signal strenth.:)

KTEL is like 2170 SR (above the 2000 SR spec of most tuners), while the televisa ones in this thread are below 2000 SR, so you can't compare symbol rates in this case because they fall on either side of the receiver tuner specs. some receiver/pci tuners are fine a little bit below 2000, others aren't.

Hi how is everyone doing if any one would be able to help me, i been trying to get XEWT-12 a Televisa Channel on Satmex5. I have a 36in Antena with 10750 Linear LNB and a Sonicview Premier and Elite. However i am not able to get in either one of them.....I have use the information from lygnsat Freq. H 12088 Tp 1954. Does anyone know if i am doing something wrong?

I used to get this station, and they must have went off the air or changed their freqs, or my receiver have trouble getting the DNBTV "Digital Narrow Band TV" since it's below 2MBs bit rate so it's hard to lock it in.:(

We just have to keep trying to DX this hidden station.....:D:hungry:

I used to get this station, and they must have went off the air or changed their freqs

all 3 signals are there (the two narrow televisas and the spanish religious with a 3000 SR signal mentioned a few posts ago in this thread).

With my 120cm and a traxis 3500, I get all 3 just fine, and you are in the same beam as me so you should too if 90cm is big enough to do the job without having co-sat interference from echo9.

If you are east of the river and don't have the dish on a roof, I should come over and check the tracking/performance of your 90cm dish and whatever motorized motor you may be using. Find a nice sunny calm afternoon to do it - today was cold(!) with the wind I didn't get to do some work I wanted to do on one of my other dishes.

How many channel did you get on 12081 H 1565?
Frad and TELEUISA T, or just one?:confused:

There are 2 signals, about 1.5 MHz apart or so (one signal per digital signal). If you aren't consistently tuning the same channel with the same entry, you need a LNB that isn't so drifty.

Originally Posted by magnigyro
Frad and TELEUISA T, or just one?

Thanks to Magnigyro,

For the informations the result was TELEUISA, 12.081 GHz, H 1.565 MBS.:)

The signal strenth was 73% which is not bad after all.....:)

Magnigryro, can you add other missing stations please?:hungry:

Good DX!!:D

Originally Posted by magnigyro
Frad and TELEUISA T, or just one?

Thanks to Magnigyro,

For the informations the result was TELEUISA, 12.081 GHz, H 1.565 MBS.:)

The signal strenth was 73% which is not bad after all.....:)

Magnigryro, can you add other missing stations please?:hungry:

Good DX!!:D

Yes, to add other stations you must to do an advanced scan, insert particular data:

Teleuisa Tijuana 12081 H 01363 video pid 0308 audio pid 0256
pcr pid 9190 txt pid 8191

FRAD 12080 H 1562 video 514 audio 256 PCR 8188 TXT pid 8191

Frequently the reception change from mosaic to complete frame, one or two at a time, one of 4 possible stations.

Last edited:
I can't get that FRAD or whatever that is here in Denver. I only scan in TELEUISA TIJUANA at 12081 H 1565 308v 256a 8190pcr and it comes in really strong. It looks like they are taking their HD version and cropping it to 4x3 as things get cutoff on the sides sometimes.

I can't believe they can cram this two different signals, that so close together by 1 MHz differences that will cause a QRM!!:eek:

I think they are doing a very poor job on radio engineering skills, by not keeping the two signals separated on Satmex-5.:p

I can't believe they can cram this two different signals, that so close together by 1 MHz differences that will cause a QRM!!:eek:

I think they are doing a very poor job on radio engineering skills, by not keeping the two signals separated on Satmex-5.:p

N5XZS,

I think you analyzed that incorrectly. I don't think it was meant that there were two TPs 1MHz away from eachother, with the same polarity, just two channels on the same TP, but the receiver probably locked the TP frequency 1MHz offset slightly on two separate scans.

RADAR

N5XZS,

I think you analyzed that incorrectly. I don't think it was meant that there were two TPs 1MHz away from eachother, with the same polarity, just two channels on the same TP, but the receiver probably locked the TP frequency 1MHz offset slightly on two separate scans.

RADAR

Thats correct! The tp has two channels, sometimes the first (FRAD, mosaic with 3 o 4 channels together on screen) appears, or the second (TELEUISA T) or both.

Right now only TELEUISA T is on the air.

The difficulty is to get the 2 channels at a time, (when there are 2 ) because blind scan only give one, the other you must to edit and advanced scan...;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.