This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

satmex 6 & satmex 5

Status
Please reply by conversation.

acuevas

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jun 11, 2009
Orange County
Hey All,

I am interested in testing both sats on same dish - KU & C bands. Is it possible or are they too close? What's the best equipment? Any threads explaining the process? I checked and can't find any. Thanks.

Well not everyone can do what you did my friend. I thought about it but then i say nahhh too much hastle, I will just drag the floor mount from 113w to 116.8w easier and faster hehe

thanks pro96 and iceberg,

I don't have any equipment for this yet. I wanted to get a feel for degree of difficulty and whether I wanted to tackle issue or not. It seems it is only the FTA 'guru' who can get two LNBs on the same dish and make it work. I know I am far from being a guru.

I do think this two sats have lots of good Spanish channels though. Maybe I'll get two 1.2 meter dishes and place them side by side. Don't know how close I can get the dishes without them interfeering with one another though - I'll have to tinker with that.

Last edited:
Maybe I'll get two 1.2 meter dishes and place them side by side..

You better off getting a 6ft with the ground mount. That way you only have one dish way stronger then the 1.2m and you can move manually from satmex 6 & satmex 5.

Status
Please reply by conversation.