Status
Please reply by conversation.

acuevas

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jun 11, 2009
Orange County
Hey All,

I am interested in testing both sats on same dish - KU & C bands. Is it possible or are they too close? What's the best equipment? Any threads explaining the process? I checked and can't find any. Thanks.

well techncially you can get 4 degrees apart but it involves cutting the scaler ring
http://www.satelliteguys.us/c-band-satellite-discussion/92274-2-c-band-lnbs-one-6-dish.html

But they are 3.8 degrees apart so now you're trying even harder to get them together....

can it be done? yes
is it easy? nah..takes time to fine tune the 2nd LNB

Well not everyone can do what you did my friend. I thought about it but then i say nahhh too much hastle, I will just drag the floor mount from 113w to 116.8w easier and faster hehe

thanks pro96 and iceberg,

I don't have any equipment for this yet. I wanted to get a feel for degree of difficulty and whether I wanted to tackle issue or not. It seems it is only the FTA 'guru' who can get two LNBs on the same dish and make it work. I know I am far from being a guru.

I do think this two sats have lots of good Spanish channels though. Maybe I'll get two 1.2 meter dishes and place them side by side. Don't know how close I can get the dishes without them interfeering with one another though - I'll have to tinker with that.

Last edited:
Maybe I'll get two 1.2 meter dishes and place them side by side..

You better off getting a 6ft with the ground mount. That way you only have one dish way stronger then the 1.2m and you can move manually from satmex 6 & satmex 5.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts