TNAP 5 being developed

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

LocutusOfBorg

Free speech is more important than your feelings
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 2, 2009
USA
Apparently it's still being beta tested. I installed the firmware in slot 4 of my osmio4k. It has bugs. When I click on some menu items the box reboots. So I'm sticking with 4.2 for now.

Looking at my full backups on my EXT Hdd I tested it using the Mio4k non plus back in Sept. and I did not find any problem but tnap 5 was built off of Openpli develope and Python 3 so it is beta but stable . I use tnap 4.2 and I know it is good. Been using it for most the year.

Reactions: primestar31
Looking at my full backups on my EXT Hdd I tested it using the Mio4k non plus back in Sept. and I did not find any problem but tnap 5 was built off of Openpli develope and Python 3 so it is beta but stable . I use tnap 4.2 and I know it is good. Been using it for most the year.
Yeah, 4.2 is the best one yet. Thanks!

Reactions: SDA_FL_USA
I installed the beta version of 5 on my box and loaded a backup of my settings from 4.2. It then automatically tried to update the software, failed to download some items, then went into a loop of continuously restarting E2 (not the hardware or Linux, just E2.)

So I reinstalled it without the backup of the settings. It didn't try to update this time since the network connection wasn't configured yet, but it crashes when I select the blind scan menu.

I just hope some day that TNAP will separate radio from TV.

Also, it keeps changing my DVR drive from /media/usb (correct) to 'media/hdd which doesn't work.

I'm not sure what you mean by separating radio from TV.

For the second issue, mine stayed on the correct setting after I changed it once. If yours isn't staying, I wonder if you could delete /media/hdd and recreate it as a link to /media/usb?