SATPRO DSR500. HELP!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

cuongvu

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 12, 2006
I CANNOT SCAN TP 12115 V 22425 3/4 ON 97W DUE TO NO QUALITY (OTHER TPS V&H ARE OK). CAN ANYONE SCAN THIS TP USING SATPRO DSR500? THANKS.

CUONG

I wonder if it has something to do with the Pittcomm provider in that TP. I have a Satpros DSR 500 and it never give me trouble. Now I use this receiver for setup of FTA systems.
What is the quality reading on the other TPs of that satellite? If if really weak you may have to realign the dish or adjust the skew of the LNB.
The FTA signals are really hectic for someone who is new to this hobby. It can be sensitive. Be patient and keep at it. I hope there is someone in your area that is a FTA hobbyist who can come over and help you.
Good luck!

I am sorry. Thanks for reminding me.

Iceberg, can you help me. I got no quality on this TP. The other V&H TPs have good Q. Thanks.

Cuong

Thanks for your help, MrFTAMan. The other TPs get good Q (>50).

Cuong

I dont have a satpros so I dont know. I can comment that the transponder is live and at good signal

I passed my Satpros down the food chain last year.

The only record I have, is something I posted from receiving Whitesprings:
"Not sure how 61 signal and 59 quality ranks on the meter of the Satpros 500, but reception is fine."
Now, that was using a 20"x18" Phase III DirecTV dish (and linear LNB), so it should be pretty weak and poor quality.
If you can't get a substantially better signal, then maybe a little dish/LNB tune-up is in order. :rolleyes:

Also, you didn't post your dish size and LNB. Give us some info.

edit: I'm thinking Gabsphere's advice, above, may prove to be the answer. - :up

I just played with a Satpros just a couple of days ago (and I gave it away..) But here's what I remember. In the Scan menu, there is a way to bring up a transponder that you want to scan. Arrow down to where it says "Modify" and click on it. That magically got me signal quality on a couple transponders when I was setting up a system on Galaxy 18. The info that was in there all looked correct, but it wasn't until I clicked on "Modify" that it finally showed signal quality.

So, my suggestion is to go into the Scan menu, find that transponder and click on "Modify" to see if that helps.

Thanks for all of your help.

I did delete and manually enter that TP. I used the "modify" option too. None works.

My dish is Wingard 76cm (bought it from Sadoun 7 years ago). Connect to a 3x4 switch and then to Satcruiser 101 plus, CS5000 and Satpros 500 (both from Satelitte AV) . Dual LNB is linear. Satpros picks up all of the other TPs on 97w except that TP. No problem with CS and Satcruiser though.

you could try connecting it either to the other port of the 3X4 switch or connecting it straight to the lnb.... it actually sounds like the signal might be below the threshold level for the satpros 500

my dish is slightly larger and i have strong signal on that transponder ( on my coolsat 5000 its at 90% signal level and 97% Q )

The Satpros is a horrible box for motor control. I gave up on using it for anything beyond casual G-18 viewing (from a fixed dish), and I have other boxes that even do a better job of that. I don't see mention of a motor in your posts, but if you are using one, that box is nothing but trouble.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts