Sattellite radio equiped?

pooky

Original poster
Sep 1, 2005
I just purchased a used 2005 Infiniti FX35 and am not sure whether it is equipped with the factory satellite radio or not. The nearest dealer is 100 miles away and therefore that option will have to wait until I'm headed in that direction. Is there a simple way to check or a piece of equipment that is visible that will let me know?

if sat eqpt it would have either an xm or sirius log or the band button will allow selection of SAT. If it can do sat radio but the sat box is not there, it will sat 'No sat' or whatever.

There will be some indication.

There is a SAT button on the head unit in the car and when pushed the display says No Sat. Does this mean that there is no satellite capability or that no service has been subscribed to?

another option...what did the window sticker say? That would likely have been an add-on option. I know it is on the G35, and with most Nissans. If it isnt listed as an option, you probably don't have it.

Also, if you had a sat tuner, either XM or Sirius, it would automaticaly tune to an information channel telling you how to activate/subscribe.

Just an educated guess, you need to install the tuner box and antenna. Service of your choosing. About $600 if done at the dealer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts