Saturday Baseball 5/10 on Fox

DSpud

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 23, 2007
Laredo, TX
Anyone else notice that the HD feed is not HD?? It sounds like the sound is right, but the picture is nowhere near HD.

There are discussions on this issue on AVS and DBS forums. It is definitely not the provider. Every single regional game on every single FOX affiliate is having the same issue. I don't know if FOX is trying to fool us or if they are having issues with their HD transmission. I do know that the PQ here in LA, both OTA and through Direct is one of the worst broadcast I have seen.

Here in Chicago both OTA and Dish for the Fox game ( Cubs vs. Diamondbacks ) is not good. It looks like bad stretch - o - vision.

Same here in NY for the yanks/tigers game on DISH and OTA. Using my TV's tuner, it says that WNYW is broadcasting in 720p, but this picture ain't 720p!

Absolutely terrible picture. It was full screen, not quite stretch-o-vision, but the picture was terrible. I kept changing the channel to a true HD feed to make sure it wasn't my TV. Heck, I even cleaned my glasses, thinking it was just me! (My eight year-old was the funniest, though -- he said "Gosh, it says it's in HD, but the picture doesn't look like it."

Absolutely terrible picture. It was full screen, not quite stretch-o-vision, but the picture was terrible. I kept changing the channel to a true HD feed to make sure it wasn't my TV. Heck, I even cleaned my glasses, thinking it was just me! (My eight year-old was the funniest, though -- he said "Gosh, it says it's in HD, but the picture doesn't look like it."

Smart Kid.:)

Smart Kid.:)

Yeah, unfortunately he's following in my footsteps with this technology obsession. It's hard to imagine the progress he'll see in his lifetime! (Especially considering that when I was his age, VCRs were still out of reach of most folks, even with regular WIRED remotes! Imagine that!)

I heard from my Dad who caught this feed in another market on Comcast and he said the same thing -- the picture was terrible, not quite SD-bad but certainly not HD. It was obviously a universal problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)