Satwork 3688 timer

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

SeattleSailor

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 1, 2004
Hi,
I've had my Satwork 3688 for about a year, no real complaints. I happened to be looking at the Satwork site a few minutes ago and I see that this unit features "Timer function Support(Schedule support)". Seems to me when I first got the unit I couldn't even figure out how to enter the current time into it. Didn't give it a lot of thought since. However, now that I've got a DVR I'd love to get the Satwork to turn itself on and tune to different channels in the wee hours for recording purposes. So, does this timer/scheduler feature work? Any quick tutorial on how to program it?

thanks
SS

I believe it get's the time off of a satellite. Be aware, though, that most of the sats have the wrong time. Park it on a DBS satellite.

I noticed you can set it via GMT (I just fired mine back up yesterday)

So if you were on a DBS satellite it MIGHT work...otherwise you can manually set it :)

Cool! I'll dig out the manual and attempt to set the timer. Hopefully I'll figure out how to go to a given channel at a given time - this could be useful.

Thanks guys.

I gave it a try last night. Setting the time, easy. Looks like it was tracking GMT accurately but I changed it to manual and local time. Still don't understand why it doesn't display the time on the panel when in Standby mode. The picture on the manual shows it this way but mine just shows dashes "- - - -" .

The event scheduler leaves a bit to be desired. It will turn the unit on and off at the appointed times no problem. But the Tune to Channel feature hasn't worked yet. Thus far it always powers on and remains at whatever channel it was previously set to, regardless of what channel I've told it to go to. I've also told it to power on as the first event and then change channel a minute later as the second event. Won't change channel. If someone else has this working, let me know. My firmware/hardware is ver 1.0, Jun 10, 2004, bootstrap v001.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)