Timer problem on the Mio?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Brct203

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 24, 2016
Connecticut
I just had a strange incident with the scheduler on my Mio4k. I had a few timers set to record some programs every Thursdays, and that had run flawlessly for the past few weeks. If I'm not mistaken, last week I realized while it was recording, that the show was a rerun and I manually stopped the recording

Tonight, while the show was on, I checked that the MIO was recording and it was not. I checked the HDD, everything was properly connected and I could see the folders from the MIO. Then I decided to look at the timers, and all appeared to be good, except one important detail: Next run was set to September 12, 2069.

Interestingly, in the MIO I could only change those dates one day at a time!. Thankfully the WebIf interface was easier.

Has anyone else seen such behavior with the dates jumping ahead like that?

I have rebooted the MIO several times recently, playing with Diseqc settings, but have not played with date/time, and have not updated the image. I ran a full backup a few days ago

Yep, it's happened to me many times when I switch between some images, and/or just reboots then back to TNAP where I had set the timers. I now stay on TNAP permanently because of it, so not taking any chances on it again. I've brought it up to El Bandido and he had me try some things, but nothing has permanently fixed it.

Make sure you have it set to sync to a NTP time server, and to sync at "Cold Start", and "Deep Standby" and that does seem to help it not happen so often.

MIO_SystemTime_Settings_20190219172706.jpg

Reactions: Brct203
interesting... I reboot often (as the blind scan seems to like a freshly booted image), first time i'm seeing this problem though. I do have the time settings like you suggest.

I have not switched to other images recently, probably not since I set those timers

One thing that just crossed my mind is that this is the first time my receiver is going thru the time change (from EDT to EST). Maybe it lost its marbles when 2:59am rolled to 2:00am on Sunday morning? I don't think I had the receiver yet when we switched last spring, and I definitely would not have had any timer set anyway.

btw, editing in WebIf seemed fine until I checked again in the receiver, and it still had the 2069 date. So I just deleted and recreated the timers directly on the receiver UI. I should know in 13 minutes if it's working fine now...

I've always had to completely delete those 2069 timers, and recreate them from scratch, though I did it in the WebIF. I never could just edit them back to 2019 and make them work once they changed like that.

I'm convinced it's more related to doing several reboots or restarts over a short period of time, then just switching between images. Though switching images does a restart also.

Once I got my Mio tweaked to where I want it, and figured out all the quirks and fixes/work arounds, I haven't had any issues since. I posted about the issues when I had them and figured out how to fix, but you'll have to look through the forum now to find them, as it's been since February of this year.

Reactions: Brct203

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)