Satwork 3688

Status
Please reply by conversation.
As requested here are some screen shots of the Satwork 3688 setup/ TP scan screens.

Attachments

• Pict0012.JPG
    Pict0012.JPG
    21.5 KB · Views: 327
  • Pict0011.JPG
    Pict0011.JPG
    14.3 KB · Views: 279
  • Pict0010.JPG
    Pict0010.JPG
    13.5 KB · Views: 283
  • Pict0009.JPG
    Pict0009.JPG
    16.6 KB · Views: 268
  • Pict0007.JPG
    Pict0007.JPG
    15 KB · Views: 246
Pete,

Thanks for the 3688 images. It looks like it has just about everything the 3618 has only with different screen formats. I have heard that there a lot little things that you can do with it that aren't on the 3618. Can you enter the PIDs manaully for a scan? Did you ever find you if there is a way to enter the PIDs manually for a scan on the 3618. From what I have heard that's the reason I am getting strong signals but "no channel". I was told if I could enter the PIDs before I scan, that would help. The 3688 came out shortly after I bought the 3618, wish I would have waited.

Yes, here is the screen for manual entry PIDs!

Attachments

• Pict0009.JPG
    Pict0009.JPG
    21 KB · Views: 290
The Satwork site says of the 3688 that it features "Reserved AC3 Digital Audio Output". Reserved? Does that mean it has a working connector on the back? In a word, huh?

It seems to mean the board can handle AC3 but they forgot to drill a hole in the back to plug into : ( I think the models in other parts of the world have this feature ,for all the good that does us!

I have both satwork 3688 and recently bought a fortec lifetime ultra which is still in the box. I ffound the satwork 3688 to be straight forward to operate and easy to install for a novice like myself. Usually a lock-up which i have seldom seen, i just need to power the system off then back on.

I have a satwork 3688 receiver and love it. I also have a fortec lifetime ultra, and still have it in the box because the satwork seems to run rings around it. and before you ask i do not sell satwork, i am a total novice at all this stuff. I am just wondering how you know when you need to update the software?

Hey Pete, I will second the motion, the Satwork 3688 is a great receiver. i have both the satrwork 3688 and the Fortec LIfetime Ultra. I love the USALS on the ultra, makes it so much easier to locate sats when first setting them up, and it scans a bit quicker than the satwork. BUT, the satwork really pulls in the channels much better. I had G-10 scanned with my satwork, with about 15 channels, the Fortec scan only produced about 6, i decided to reinstall my Satwork using the positioner help of the Fortec and now have 45!
wouldn't trade my satwork for another receiver at any price. Next incarnation should have AC-3 , USALS, to make it almost the perfect entry level system.

I know they have some new products in the pipeline, as soon as I know any more I will post here. You are right about the 3688, whats really good about it is the stability of the signal quality meter, it really helps when tweaking a dish for maximum quality. On the Lifetime Ultra the signal quality is all over the place, not that it matters that much having USALS, the picture quality on the 3688 is first class.

I would have liked to have seen the early 3618's blind search speed incorporated into the 3688.

No available channel editor hurts the 3688 IMO.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)