Saving recordings on external USB drive

Status
Please reply by conversation.

camo

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 11, 2010
Nebraska
Today my direct system is being installed. I want to get a 1T external USB HD for additional storage. My question; If you use a external HD and and the receiver fails, do you loose all the recordings on the external? I read some where that the receiver marries to the HD. I hope this is not true. I went through two receivers with dish over 3 years and was always able to keep my recordings.
Thanks anyone

Today my direct system is being installed. I want to get a 1T external USB HD for additional storage. My question; If you use a external HD and and the receiver fails, do you loose all the recordings on the external? I read some where that the receiver marries to the HD. I hope this is not true. I went through two receivers with dish over 3 years and was always able to keep my recordings.
Thanks anyone

Unfortunately the recordings will stay on the hd but you won't be able to access them. The way Directv set it up, the hd is tied to the dvr. You can't move the hd from one dvr to another.

Thanks anyone

USB drives won't work at all.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts