Saw a R15 on a DirecTV comercial tonight

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dslchiphead

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Dec 10, 2004
Grayslake, Illinois
I was watching a show tonight when DirecTV had a commercial for their DVR offering. What struck me about this was they showed a R15 briefly for their hardware. Why did I say it was a R15? It had the blue-glowing ring in the middle of the box which matched the leaked preview of the R15 manual and feature page. It was shown just for a few seconds.

-Dave

dslchiphead said:
I was watching a show tonight when DirecTV had a commercial for their DVR offering. What struck me about this was they showed a R15 briefly for their hardware. Why did I say it was a R15? It had the blue-glowing ring in the middle of the box which matched the leaked preview of the R15 manual and feature page. It was shown just for a few seconds.

-Dave
You mean this? :eek:

Attachments

• Plus2.jpg
    Plus2.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 467
Read the main page. Today (10/10) the advertising campaings started for the r15. available now on best buys web page...

I picked up a new D* brochure at CC over the weekend & the DVR they were advertising in it was NOT the D-Tivo at all & was the R15. It talked about the 90 min buffer, had a picture of the box above & made NO mention whatsoever about Tivo features.

BTW, this was a brochure printed by D*, NOT one printed by CC...

Q1: Will the R15 have Tivo inside?

Q2: Will the R15 require a new dish?

I'm upgrading from a SD two box system (one is UltimateTV) to either the R10 or the R15 (maybe one of each since my UltimateTV just died and I don't want to wait till 11/7 for the R15). Thinking of getting the R10 now for one room and getting the R15 for the other room when it's available. I understand that the R10 will only be supported through the end of 07 but I need some DVR now.

Advice?

dallasjayhawk said:
Q1: Will the R15 have Tivo inside?

Q2: Will the R15 require a new dish?

I'm upgrading from a SD two box system (one is UltimateTV) to either the R10 or the R15 (maybe one of each since my UltimateTV just died and I don't want to wait till 11/7 for the R15). Thinking of getting the R10 now for one room and getting the R15 for the other room when it's available. I understand that the R10 will only be supported through the end of 07 but I need some DVR now.

Advice?

No to Q1 and Q2. The r15 is D* own software and does the interactive features such as nfl super fan. The r10 is tivo based and does not. You also shouldnt need a new dish.

There's only 3 choices of dishes for Directv.

The 18" round 1LNB dish for 101
The Phase-III 3LNB dish for 101, 110, and 119
and the new 5-LNB dish for 99, 101, 103, 110, and 119.

where is this leaked manual and fact sheet? I would like to see what features this new dvr has before deciding to go with it.

Here's the link....Double U, Double U,Double U, Dot, dbstalk, Dot, com/specsheets/R15_Users_Manual.pdf

Sorry, can't post URLs yet, I am a new member to the fourm...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts