say I need 19 outputs, what do I do?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jckm78

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Apr 21, 2006
I don't want to use couple of 4x8s and cascade down. Can I use 3 "three way splitter with one port power passing" and 3 "6x8 multiswitch" to accomplish this?

<<why would you need 19 receivers? Just out of curiousity>>>

I don't need 19 receivers, I just wanted to know if it can be done with out power multiswitchs. It's just more conviene to not need to run the power.

<<Make sure all ports are power passive. >>

are you sure that all ports need to be power passive? I thought you need only one port power passive because power need to pass thought one multiswitch only to power the lnb. I know it will work for 2 "two way splliter with one port power passiive" and 2 4x8s. I done it before, but have never use a three way splitter before. Will there be decrease in signal?

anytime you split a signal you will degrade slightly the signal quality, all spliters should be power passive because you do not know which reciever will be providing the power when you want to watch tv, what if all of them was off, and you turned on one but it was on a non power passive line, guess what u wouldent get signal.

RIRWIN1983 said:
anytime you split a signal you will degrade slightly the signal quality, all spliters should be power passive because you do not know which reciever will be providing the power when you want to watch tv, what if all of them was off, and you turned on one but it was on a non power passive line, guess what u wouldent get signal.

OK, that make sense. Thanks you for your help.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)