Say something nice about a team you dislike

Fine. I'll play.......

Steelers owner, Dan Rooney was 1 of only 2 NFL owners to vote against the Browns move in 1996. I respect him for that.

Michigan- Bo Schembechler was one heck of a coach.

HATE? Really?

Well...hate is SUCH an ugly word. Let' say....ah....ok...hate is about right...LOL!;)
Ever since those Christian Laettner and Bobby Hurly days....

...the ironic thing, how they were HUGE NBA bust they were after all those years of being arrogant bastards!

....here is the REAL IRONIC thing, I became friends with Laettner when I was a season ticket holder with the Heat from 2002-2006 season.

USC- Produce great NFL players, though unlike most, I can't STAND those annoying Song Girls

New York Giants- They pass-rush like crazy- I haven't see a team pass-rush like that since the Saints of the late-80s and early-90s (Remember Pat Swilling?).

Montreal Canadiens- Great tradition and cool uniforms.

Notre Dame Football- See above.

OK, you goofs. I'm gonna do this right.

Cubs - Lou Piniella used to manage the Reds, and I loved him. When the Cubs win now, it's the only solace I have.

Ravens. ugh. um...... wow.... umm...... Ozzie Newsome knows how to do his job. And oh yeah, they won a Super Bowl and stuck it to Cleveland (kinda like Bill Belichick).

Steelers. I love the city of Pittsburgh, and I like every other team there. Even though there are things about the Steelers that do not garner respect, you have to salute them for winning 5 Super Bowls (even the tainted one). You can't say that for Cleveland.

Browns. Brown is such a lovely color. :rolleyes: Their fans throw stuff.....wait, that's not good. Never mind. I tried. But HD seems like a good guy, I guess that's good.

Tennessee I really think most of the guys you see working along the side of road wearing orange jumpsuits look very nice in them.

He is considered by many to be one of the greatest college basketball players ever. He holds NCAA Tournament records for the most points scored, most free throws made, most free throw attempts and most games played. He was drafted third overall in the 1992 NBA draft behind Shaquille O'Neal and Alonzo Mourning, played 13 years in the NBA, and he was the only college player on the original Dream Team! Hurley was a first-team All-American in 1993, went to the Final Four three times, and led the Blue Devils to back-to-back national championships in 1991 and 1992, earning Final Four MVP honors in 1992. Hurley remains the NCAA all-time assists leader with 1076 assists, and Duke's single game assist leader with 16 (against Florida State on February 24, 1993).Drafted 7th in the NBA. He can't be considered a "bust" in the NBA due to the almost fatal car crash. You'd be arrogant, too if you were that good.:cool:

Laettner was this, he was that, blah blah blah. I hated him too. Great college player, but I have to admit it did give me some solace to see him become an NBA bust.

There were worse NBA players, of course, but he didn't come close to living up to his draft billing...after all, he was drafted third behind Shaq and Alonzo Mourning. ;)

And there are a lot of players who are 'that good', and aren't as arrogant as I found Laettner to be. Lebron, Kevin Garnett, Steve Nash, Tim Duncan, Dwayne Wade, Chris Paul, Jason Kidd, Dirk Nowitzki...the list goes on and on, and that's just basketball.

Brady, Jeter, Howard, Ortiz, Rice, Rivera, Gretzky, Lemieux, Ovechkin, Crosby, Iginla, Roy, Lidstrom, Sakic, Holiday, Santana, Pujols, Tomlinson, Favre, Sanders, Leetch...and I think I'm missing another thousand or so.

Laettner did not even come close to accomplishing what any of them did, and they manage to do it with class.

'Good' does not have to equal arrogant.

Sandra

Actually, it's Cameron Crazie:D. And, yes I respect Carolina. I really do. But after some of the real-life threats I've/my wife/and KIDS have gotten just by wearing Duke stuff (SERIOUSLY), it's falling. Not so much Carolina as a University, but some of their fans. I'm all for team spirit, but threatening someone over sports is retarded. Anyone ask me about it in a PM and I'll tell you about oh, 5 instances.:mad: **I'm fully aware there are some stupid Duke fans, too, but I've NEVER seen it instigated by one. In all 3 Championships Duke has won, my life changed NADA. Maybe my wallet from buying title merchandise, but that's it.

Wow, just when I thought I couldn't contribute to this thread - I can.

Mark your calendars - I'M AGREEING WITH A DOOKIE - ahem, Duke person.

Worst opposing fan experience of my life was easily - EASILY - the East regional final against UNC in Greensboro in 1998 (nice neutral site, eh?)

I was in the f'ing pep band, and got stuff thrown at me. I curse like a sailor, and those guys would make me blush.

Degenerates. I know, there are bad apples everywhere, but to treat an opposing fan like that, especially when handed a final 4 on a silver platter about 15 miles from your campus?

Oh, boy.... here we go

Patriots have a nice muskets.

49'rs have one of my favorite players Issac Bruce

Seattle Seahawks have loud fans

Cubs use to be lovable losers

Red Wings have lots of bling.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)