Sbs 6

Status
Please reply by conversation.

phoenix94

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 31, 2006
Never had it on my system, thought I'd try to tune it in. Can anyone tell me of an active C band transponder right now?

ku band satellite at 74 degrees. Always been ku even at 95 degrees. :)

I was looking at the Lyngsat site and I thought it showed some C band transponders in NTSC? Must be reading the chart wrong:confused:

SBS6 is a Ku band satellite only, it is using a beam called "C".

C band frequencies are four digit numbers (ex. 4000) and Ku band are five digit numbers (ex. 11000).

C band frequencies are four digit numbers (ex. 4000) and Ku band are five digit numbers (ex. 11000).

Thank you, how bout a good Ku band signal to hone in on then?

Thanks. The way my system is set up the only way I've found to program a new satellite is to find an active analog transponder, move the dish to it with the dsr920 hoping to find that signal, and then I can turn the Pansat on and look for dvb signals. I can't search with the Pansat until I get the satellite locked in with the 920. Does that make sense? I'm probably missing an easier way, but that's how I do it:)

i don't know how everyone does it
but if your are moving the dish with the 920

i have my system split so i can see my coolsat and use a live tp so when i get close it lights up green across the board.

if you are just using the 920 you can count the # of clicks it takes to get between sats so if it takes 5 clicks to get from sat 101 to sat 103 then you can search for 2 degree sats at 5 clicks so to go from 79 to 74 would be about 12-13 clicks .

its also a hunt & miss thing

I disagree with you....

On a 4dtv receiver, we have 'G6' as the cband side of SBS 6, I have found many, upon many hockey games on G6-24. The analog cband side of SBS 6. I have never understood why Lyngsat has it listed as Ku band only. Seriously, its not AMC-6 cband bleedover, its clearly SBS 6 C-Band...otherwise known as G6 to us 4dtv'ers.

To my knowledge G6 was used for G-12 when it was sitting at 74 deg, though at the present time I do not believe there is a C-band bird at 74 deg, I could be wrong though.

Right now G6 is just another spare from what I know anyways.

To my knowledge G6 was used for G-12 when it was sitting at 74 deg, though at the present time I do not believe there is a C-band bird at 74 deg, I could be wrong though.

Right now G6 is just another spare from what I know anyways.

It may be a spare, I'm not sure either, but I do watch occasional feeds at that location on the cband side.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts