SBS Korea Takedown October 1, 2005

hi, new to site

This forum is really cool! I recently moved, and my new cable co does not have korean tv. Just wanted to know if Sbs on dtv has english subtitles?

Thanks

Don't go with DirecTV

bonafice said:
This forum is really cool! I recently moved, and my new cable co does not have korean tv. Just wanted to know if Sbs on dtv has english subtitles?

Thanks

After several months of SBS on DirecTV, I say DOn't do it. Tivo still drives us crazy. My wife watches one or two dramas from SBS. Mostly watch KBS now. Picture Quality of SBS on DirecTV is great though. Still no MBC and YTN doesn't have guide information.

Just get Dish network (free KBS) with DVR. Most programs on KBS has English subtitles. Most programs on SBS doesn't have subtitles.

If push comes to shove the world's largest owner of Donald Duck cartoons from the North could help. Right now he is selling party badges on the government's page:

http://www.korea-dpr.com/souv.htm

Boy, i don't envy these people, they seem to put so much passion into everything they do, including the killing of human beings.

to all my frustrated korean viewers

from my sources ive been told that MBC has finally signed with DTV... yes... finally... ive been snoopin around here for days now and nothing has been said... ive been talkin wit MBC america about this.... and they have confirmed with me as well... (im a regular caller) but they won't give me a exact date of the launch... b4 they told me they're not sure and blah blah... i also spoke wit a DTV rep and they have told me the same thing... soo... enjoy the 121 free KBS... and get ready to get DTV for SBS and MBC... now theres nothing to complain about... other than the whole DVR... juss go old school mayn... VCR????

hahahhaa enjoy... o yea... from wat i was told... "koreans" aren't allowed to get SD 121 upgrades any more... isn't that kinda like discriminating????

ehh watever.. i got mine done....

o yea... u can't do ne more "must carries" for your "locals" b/c locals will now be shown through the the 110? or the 119... so all the subs that wanted to get a free dish for they're korean viewing pleasure are now skrewed?

-TiM

wow... GOT GOOD NEWS

for those that aren't reading the posts lately... I GOT SUPER NEWS!!!!

THIS NEWS CAME IN TODAY:
MBC WILL BE COMMIN TO DIRECTV FOR REAL... AND WILL BE UP AND RUNNIN BY 4/7/2006... from wat i hear... and i kno its reliable.... its going to be $26.99...
and with that youll get SBS, MBC, YTN... and if u already have KBS free through DISH... now u get all of the channels!!! isn't that GREAT??? Aren't u guys glad i joined and started to talk... b/c right after i posted yesturday... it happened....

HAHAHAHAHA im the MASTER...

ne body in the NOVA, MID A area want to get setup... PM me and ill help u wit more info....

if not contact ur local retailers...

-TiM

Update:

I'll start a new thread in the DirecTV forum but here we go.

SBS, MBC (that's right, MBC as Tim posted above), and YTN as part of a package called KoreanDirect for $26.99/mo.
YTN is no longer in free preview mode.
CTS (Christian programming) is a-la-carte for $4.99 and must be combined with other qualified WorldDirect programming.

Please go here for further updates and discussion on the Korean programming on DirecTV: http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?p=533643

We'll post updates to Korean programming related to DISH Network on this thread but DirecTV updates will go to the thread above.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts