942 vs. 622

sbturner

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 25, 2005
Georgia
I know that some of these things have been talked about on other threads, but I am going to upgrade my 942 for a 622, already ordered. But I was wondering those of you out there that have made the jump are you happy. I am not talking about the extra channels but the performance of the receiver. My 942 works like a charm and I know that the 622 has some issues but I also know that the happy people don't always post. So if you have made the upgrade are you happy. Is everyone having say HDMI and audio or other issues or is it just certain 622s? How about the OTA reception difference? My 942 in that department is not great, there is one station that I should get that my 942 can't get a blip on. thanks

sbturner said:
I know that some of these things have been talked about on other threads, but I am going to upgrade my 942 for a 622, already ordered. But I was wondering those of you out there that have made the jump are you happy. I am not talking about the extra channels but the performance of the receiver. My 942 works like a charm and I know that the 622 has some issues but I also know that the happy people don't always post. So if you have made the upgrade are you happy. Is everyone having say HDMI and audio or other issues or is it just certain 622s? How about the OTA reception difference? My 942 in that department is not great, there is one station that I should get that my 942 can't get a blip on. thanks

I think OTA issues are more related to peoples setup (antena, amps, mast size, location, topography etc) as my 942's OTA performance is great. I get everything in my DMA from 3 seperate locations with perfection and the 622 is the same.

sbturner said:

there are a few other threads with some additional data on this e.g http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=62057
But here's my setup with no issues so far, only had it 24 hours, though.
622 to 42 inch plasma using HDMI, connected via digital audio to a sont receiver.
I dont use OTA so cant speak to that. I am not noticing any difference on picture quality between the 2, i have not had any audio issues, the menu system is indeed much faster. All in all i am happy so far, i have timers setup and they fired last night.
Hope this helps.

SBS Korea Takedown October 1, 2005

Need very basic help

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)