SC free preview starts today

icstephen

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 4, 2005
Canton, Oh
From SC newsletter

"Enjoy a FREE Preview of Popular Networks
This is the ideal season to snuggle in and watch some great TV, and the free preview of the Alliance Atlantis networks makes it easy.

From Jan. 18-Feb. 15, get a look at all the outstanding films, specials and series offered on Showcase Diva (Ch. 615), Showcase Action (Ch. 611 East/Ch. 631 West), BBC Canada (Ch. 534) and IFC (Ch. 614). "

Might be a dumb question but here it goes...

Would a previously-activated SC box be able to receive the free previews? I was a subscriber until about 2 years ago. I still have the box (DSR-405) and can turn my dish to point at the Anik satellites.

Would a previously-activated SC box be able to receive the free previews? I was a subscriber until about 2 years ago. I still have the box (DSR-405) and can turn my dish to point at the Anik satellites.

I wanna say no but it doesnt hurt to try. i know when I cancelled my SC box (swapped boxes) the unscubscribed didnt get the freeview channels

Really?

I did a test several months ago with my 405. I received a number of "in the clear" channels including Knowledge network and Alberta legistlative channel.

I should try it again.

Nope, even if they were to broadcast the free preview on 299 (which you can get with a deactivated box) they lock out the channel to only full subsribers, even the usualy free ones.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts