Scan for specific Freq on Coolsat 4000 Pro?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

putty_tat007

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 13, 2005
:confused: I hope someone can help me. I have a Coolsat 4000 Pro, Stabb HH90 , Fortec Star 36 inch which I paid to have set up. I know nothing about this just want stations from South America.
I couldn't find one station from SA until I did a blind scan on Nahuel 1 and found Unsion from Ecuador. I know from this there has to be many others but my question is this. Is there a way to program in a specific Freq to scan for let's say Ecuavisa? So far I can find nothing, in the poor excuse for a manual that came with my receiver. Does anyone know if this is possible and if so how do I go about doing this? Oy I need help! :river

Last edited:
Hello Tron, I did scan the Sat's that are supposed to have the SA stations but I didn't find a thing. But I'm going to scan again to see if this time it will take. All the Sat's and Freqs I have I checked with lyngsat two day's ago then again today. Thank you for responding and your advise. :rainbow

Well looking at Lyngsat, there are about 6 stations on the Latin American beam including the one that you received while blind scanning. Obviously Ecuvisa is on the beam to North American so you can receive it. However, since you did a blind scan and received no others, chances are the others are not on the North American beam and cannot be received from your location. The way to scan a specific frequency is to use the Manual Scan feature. Press the green button to add a new transponder - add the frequency, symbol rate and either H or V and then press OK to scan. Like Tron said, Lyngsat is a tool and they are not always correct in their information.

Thank you SOOOOOO much!

:clap Rayydio (Jim) Thank you, thank you, thank you! Your a God send and I appreciate your help tremendously.
I believe that I can receive at least Ecuavisa because I couldn't find Unsion either. I scanned all forms except for manual and I found nothing. This last time I scanned Blind again and Unsion came up it's on TP 21 Just like Ecuavisa and they are close in freq. Unsion is 11611 and Ecuavisa is 11614 both on Nahuel 1, that's why I want to try to scan manually. Thank you again for your help. You have no idea how much this has helped me out!

:bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow

It didn't work! :)

rayydio, I did as you suggested but the thing is that on Coolsat the entry for Freq is 00.000 and the number I need to enter is let's say 1270 so it shows up as 1.270 and I get a message saying invalid freq try again.
Thank you for your help. :)
Oh, oh I did find Canal 48 with no other freq interrupting on another Sat and one from Salta Argentina and they all come in crystal clear. Boy I'm on a roll. :) Now for Telecuador, Ecuavisa and TeleAmazonas. :)
Silvia.

Thank you.

Hi Al, it has zero so you change it to the number you want so it looks like 01.270 and there is no way of putting 1270 in as a whole number. I find this very odd or there is something I just don't know. Thank you very much for the suggestion. I do appreciate it. :)

KU band frequencies have to be entered as 5 digits

The Symbol rate can be 4 or 5 digits

Where are you getting 1270?

Hello Iceburg, I found 4129 which is Teleamazonas and this is the link http://www.lyngsat.com/pas1r.html . I did receive a message, that when the numbers are let's say 4129 you add a zero so it would be entered 41290. I'm going to try that tomorrow and see what happens, I'll let everyone know. So far I have found three South American stations so I know I can get the others if they aren't scrambled. I want to thank rayydio for this information.
Iceburg, I made a mistake on that it's 12708 Telecuador at lyngsat.com. But still the other's were in valid and they were 4129. But now I know to add a zero. WOW I'm honored you read this thread:bow :wave :clap

Last edited:
I read almost every thread in the FTA area

if the frequency is 4 digits (like 4129 as you noted above), that is a C-Band frequency and there are some differences
-need a larger dish and LNB (like a 5 footer)
-your LO frequency is 5150
adding a 0 isn't going to do anything...

KU Band is 5 digits but the Telecuador cant be right. KU band stops at 12.2 (12200) so 12708 for a frequency isn't right. What satellite is that on?
(being in MN I cant get anything that beams towards Latin America)

The frequencies that are entered need to be between 11700 and 12200 (If you have a Universal LNB, the lower number is 10700)

It didn't WORK! :(

what Ok I added the zero at the end and it said invalid freq, I put it at the beginning and I received an invalid freq, I typed it in just as it was an the same message. :( So if the freq is four digits it wont accept it, but if it's five it will. This is very odd and annoying. Someone needs to write a manual for this thing and sll it. Honestly I bet you would make a lot of money.

Last edited:
Hello Iceburg, I can't find that one right now but this is where I found one like it. http://www.lyngsat.com/sm5.html It's SatMex 5 for Ecuavisa freq 3968 V tp 13. I think it's under FTA if I'm not mistaken. Maybe it's a mistake at lyngsat.com? Oh and it has an F next to it so it should be FTA? But what do I know. Thanks for checking this out.

That's a C-Band transponder. 4 digit frequencies are C-band and 5 digit frequencies are Ku (Ku is a higher frequency range). You would need at least a 5 foot dish (bigger would be better) and a C-band LNB. A Ku setup won't receive this transponder, but one channel on that transponder would be FTA if you had C-band (the other is scrambled)...

Ecuavisa

putty_tat007 said:
Oh, oh I did find Canal 48 with no other freq interrupting on another Sat and one from Salta Argentina and they all come in crystal clear. Boy I'm on a roll. :) Now for Telecuador, Ecuavisa and TeleAmazonas. :)
Silvia.

I am sorry to inform you that Ecuavisa Ku has move to Sat Mex 5 C-band. That is the big 6 foot an bigger dish.
I was in it every day and one day they just stopped transmitting. You could get Ecuavisa International through Direct TV. Or you could get Canal uno through dish network.
There is nothing else on Ku for the Americas .I called the Rep.for UNSION in the US, and he was kind to me and let me in in some Ecuavisa business. They move to Sat Mex5 because they are getting into cable. He could not Say anymore.
The rep was also kind of conciliatory and told me that they are more than 2 Ecuadorian TV's in negotiation with Nauel people to use the sat. You are right Teleamazonas is lossing the international market. gamavision is also in Europe footprint, but not in America. When they are going to be up and running no ones knows.
By the way, when it comes to south of the border TV stations I can tell you everything. I have scan every one of them.
Your home work: find CUBAVISION. on Pas-9 great music, hasta la vista.:devil:

PS. ECUATV was also in KU, but they are dead now too.

Last edited:
Oh my goodness, thank you so much baya it's so kind of you to let me know. Too bad Ecuavisa has gone bye, bye :( makes me sad. Thank to all of you for letting me know that the 4 digit freq is C band I had no clue.
Baya do you know of any other South American Stations up and running on KU? I want Argentina, Venezuela, Chile? Please let me know if you do and I'll keep entering freq's to see what shows up. :) Thank you again your all so wonderful for helping me out. Merry Christmas to everyone!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts