scanning channels on slaved fta

Status
Please reply by conversation.

eskie12

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 13, 2009
alberta
just hooked up an fta slaved to my 922 4dtv and was needing to know which sats and the procedure on scanning the channels for this fta..little rusty on this area ..thanks

im also runnin a slaved fta to my 922 but i believe the guys will need to know which sats you want to scan, what LNBs you have and if c/ku band you are lookin for. . .

ball park: c band feq is normally set to 5150 and linear standard ku band to 10750, circular ku 11250

got this phoenix nfusion fta but I scanned and cannot seem to get any channels coming up , sat 123 c/ku plus I read the forum on supposedly how to scan but no luck yet ,anyone with knowledge on how to properly scan this fta ...thanks

First thing I would do.......
Use the 4DTV and Pick a Sat, and peak Signal.
In the FTA Receiver, set the correct LNB L.O., and Diseqc Switch Port, and select a known Active Transponder, check for Quality Strength. If the 4DTV is controlling the LNB Polarity, switch between Channels 1 and 2 on the 4DTV to change the polarity. The 4DTV polarities are opposite that of the FTA Receivers, so if you are trying to lock a Horizontal TP in the FTA Receiver, you should start with the 4DTV on a Vertical Channel.

How do you have the Slave Kit wired?

what I did was on my 4dtv 922 went to G0-100 which is sat 123 then I went to fta installion section and tryed to setup lnb 10750 and not sure of the rest if it is right like disque switch settings and then I scanned but nothin came up that way ,so I,m wondering does the 922 have to be on cause fta is in the ant-in so 4dtv is off ,tryed different readme files on this but settings were not mentioned ,as for slave kit I hooked up from diagram , so thats where I am at so far....thanks

can please list your complete setup? switches and the settings which you see in the fta stb.

this is my setup in a nut shell:

from the 4d c and ku connection into 2 seperate power passin spilters connected on the power passin side then onto the LNBs

from my fta stb since it only has one connection i run that into a 4 x 1 diseqc switch and the two open ports on the power passing spilters run into the 4 x 1 switch you NEED to know which port is for which lnb.

in my stb settings set the lnb type, set the c band freq to 5150, the diseqc to the port which i have the lnb attached in my case port #4 for c band, use a known workin TP on the sat you are on if your 4d controls th polarity you may need to switch the channel and you should see the quality go up. . .scan away from here

the 4d weather its on or off aways has your LNB(s) powered up.

hope this helps

are you seein a picture on G0?

so I did the settings 123 c-band and 5150 and picked up like disney xd - a&e and a few others which is port 1 on disque and then I went to 123 ku and entered 10750 and changed the settings for ku -port 2 on disque but nothing there , did I miss something , i changed 4d ver and hor, ports, tp,s but I think i,m getting closer ..... 123 should get most of the english channels from what I read...anyways .......

i just need to confirm. . .why im goin to ask this is because c band is easy to pullin but on my bud the mesh is not as good and the ku is really hard.

so can you watch any ku band on your bud via the 4d?

i just need to confirm. . .why im goin to ask this is because c band is easy to pullin but on my bud the mesh is not as good and the ku is really hard.

so can you watch any ku band on your bud via the 4d?

check your elevation. ku band has a very narrow signal so you have to be dead on to get good strength. Lock in on a ku transponder on your due south sattellite, then watch the quality as you gently raise or lower your dish with your hand. That should give you an idea wether you mesh is bad or you aim is off.

check your elevation. ku band has a very narrow signal so you have to be dead on to get good strength. Lock in on a ku transponder on your due south sattellite, then watch the quality as you gently raise or lower your dish with your hand. That should give you an idea wether you mesh is bad or you aim is off.

Iwas just going to try that , thinking the c-ku dish must be out a little , so I will do some tune ups on it and then I will get back to ya on that ....thanks

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)