Scanning, double channels, dual c band

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

cruzin

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 13, 2009
michigan
Hi, I manually moved my dish with 12v battery to sat 99. I have a dual c band feedhorn with 2 new 13 deg lnbs on it. I have a coolsat 4000pro I am using as a receiver. I locked on the sat with a 90 quality. I have the 2 lnbs running into a 1x4 disecq switch with the horizonal lnb on port 1 and vert at port 2 (I think) as the one at the 9 oclock position I think is horz and the one at noon position is vert. I may have this wrong. Anyway. I set it up first to scan disecq port one and in blind scan choose only h channels then I went to settings again and set it up for disecq port 2 and blind scanned only v channels. Is this the proper way to do this? I got alot of duplicate channels is why I am asking. thanks for info

either way will work but for simplicity yes a multiswitch is better

but otherwise you would only have to scan one side at a time or you will get dupes

Have you checked the results to be sure you are getting channels from both polarities? It sounds like your switch is flakey, either not switching, or damaged so that it is passing both feeds.Try connecting each feed separately then scanning to get your channels in the box without dups, the reconnect the switch and see if you can make it behave with a known good set of channels.
As stated the DiSEqC is not the ideal solution for polarity control. For smoothness of operation you will need to configure two sat definitions for one sat. The better soulution is the multiswitch. That will allow the STB to control the polarity automaticly and as intended.
I dont have dup issues on the 6000. I dont know if it is something they fixed by the time the 6000 was released or because I am using aftermarket FW for the other enhancements, (tone on quality tuning, SW21 support etc) Perhaps they addressed the dup channel issue too. It is sad that Coolsat never addressed these issues with factory software updates.
The irony is that the legacy units (4,5, & 6000) were abandoned by Coolsat because of design piracy issues (clones). So much for honor amongst theives....lol.
Since Nagra2 has been superceeded there should definately be no legal issue with using aftermarket FW. Even when it (Nagra2) was still in use, wiping (zeroing) the decryption keyfile data from the eeprom was sufficient to make the box un-usable to pirate Dishnet. Being in possession of the decryption keys that belonged to DN was the illegal part, not the STB or whatever FW was loaded to it. No propritary keys, no ability to decrypt, no illegal act can be commited.
If you intend to try any of the aftermarket versions of FW to take advantage of the extra features, I'd suggest zeroing out any info that might be found in the keyfile area just as an added measure to be 100% disassociated with that activity.

Thanks for all the replies. I have some zinwells on the way and will try it that way. And again thanks.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)